MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,086
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 593
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 651
Last edited by blawar,

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bulk would be nice indeed. Is there a possibility to show the thumbnails and titles of the level while using filebrowser?

jacobas92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if I'm using atmosphere and NOT kosmos yet it still tells me I'm using kosmos? I have sigpatches, only thing I can think of that would come with kosmos and I don't even know if that's true lol

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So what if I'm using atmosphere and NOT kosmos yet it still tells me I'm using kosmos? I have sigpatches, only thing I can think of that would come with kosmos and I don't even know if that's true lol
Basicly kosmos is atmosphere but using hekate to boot with some extra options. Further more when you add the patches from joonie to your setup and hekate 5.0.1 you should not get a message. The only thing that still not works is the filebrowser.

Reactions: jacobas92

gameaholic2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions,
How would I be able to download online levels that aren't uploaded to tinfoil so I can inject them?
Second, is there a way I can inject the levels on my switch without installing CFW?

My main goal is to practice kaizo levels in edit mode so I can practice the hard sections, but ideally inject them onto my main switch without getting banned. Otherwise I can try practicing them onto my CFW switch.

Last edited by gameaholic2k,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions,
How would I be able to download online levels that aren't uploaded to tinfoil so I can inject them?
Second, is there a way I can inject the levels on my switch without installing CFW?

My main goal is to practice kaizo levels in edit mode so I can practice the hard sections, but ideally inject them onto my main switch without getting banned. Otherwise I can try practicing them onto my CFW switch.

So you want a RCM payload to do this.

I'll be honest, I stay away from RCM payloads due to licensing restrictions. I wanted to make a NSP dumper, firmware installer / recovery mode, save game editor, etc for people with legit switches to tinker without CFW, however hekate's license is too restrictive and I am not willing to violate the license. It is an unfortunate side effect of GPL. I could probably play licensing games to technically skirt the issue, but then I would have to read hundreds of pages of gbatemp open source nazi's complaining about how I am a bad person.

But yes, its an awesome idea to inject levels onto legit switches via RCM.

Reactions: rob4

gameaholic2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want a RCM payload to do this.

I'll be honest, I stay away from RCM payloads due to licensing restrictions. I wanted to make a NSP dumper, firmware installer / recovery mode, save game editor, etc for people with legit switches to tinker without CFW, however hekate's license is too restrictive and I am not willing to violate the license. It is an unfortunate side effect of GPL. I could probably play licensing games to technically skirt the issue, but then I would have to read hundreds of pages of gbatemp open source nazi's complaining about how I am a bad person.

But yes, its an awesome idea to inject levels onto legit switches via RCM.

Doesn't the GPL allow you to copy, distribute and modify the code without any restrictions, as long as you distribute the source code?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
guys seriously please stop bashing the dev, as everyone says more choices are a good thing and less devs means less choices
there are just too many threads being bombed by everyone in sx vs atmos or similar and sorta defeats the purpose of the thread altogether

kevandkkim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could care-less about this guys horrible dev snafu, but I mean, look at all the people using his app, including me, and look at the attention that gets generated everywhere. Even the people who just come in to post about how he can be a pos, they still go out of their way to go onto @blawar post and complain. Like I said I dont necessarily agree with the practices but damn am I glad to be able to use such a useful piece of software that cuts a few steps out of my life.

Thank you @blawar and maybe one day we will be able to see such a secret library and it will benefit the community

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://i.imgur.com/n0PF1R0.jpeg