PS1/2 Mod a Phat PS2

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, finally I was thinking of modding my PS2. It's a Phat PS2 (the one that originally came with a network adapter.)

I'm currently using magic swap (or whatever it's call.) Is there any way to play games off of HD?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yup. All you need is a memory card with FreeMCBoot, a Network Adapter, a compatible HDD and OpenPS2Loader installed. FreeMCBoot installation requires using either some kind of a cheat device/swapmagic disc or an already modded system, but you shouldn't have a problem with finding a helpful temper who'll install it for you. Seeing that you're using SwapMagic though, you should be able to install it yourself - instructions are available on the FreeMCBoot website. :)

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that there was lag with HHD? As for compatibility, is there a list for it? And would any USB drive work for SwapMagic install?

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Is there a list for compatible internal HDD for PS2? Memory limit, etc?

I actually gave my network adapter to my cousin when I got my PS2, cause I was $20 short and he said he would pay the difference if he took the adapter. I'm pretty sure he still has the adapter, but do I need the install disc that it came with?

And all necessary instructions can be found at the FeeMcboot site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol