Hacking Mod N2DS XL using existing o3DS

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a quick question regarding modding my New 2DS XL, I’ve read online that I can do it by carrying out a system transfer between that and another modded 3DS.

So I do already have a modded o3DS, it is however only modded with a Gateway and emunand, I would really like to keep the device compatible with the Gateway so I can spend sometime later to export all my saves to be used on the 2DS.

So I was wondering if I use the unofficial method to upgrade my o3DS emunand to 11.6, can this be used for the system transfer trick so I can mod my 2DS, or does it need to be sysnand that is running 11.6?

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Thanks Vel

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion is to install B9S + Luma using 3ds.guide (no need to touch your Gateway EmuNAND, just do stuff on SysNAND). This thread shows you how to continue using Gateway as normal with B9S and Luma.

You probably could selectively update your Gateway EmuNAND to do the transfer from that, but I don't see much of an advantage to doing so for this purpose.

Last edited by Cuphat,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestion is to install B9S + Luma using 3ds.guide (no need to touch your Gateway EmuNAND, just do stuff on SysNAND). This thread shows you how to continue using Gateway as normal with B9S and Luma.

You probably could selectively update your Gateway EmuNAND to do the transfer from that, but I don't see much of an advantage to doing so for this purpose.
Thanks for your response, I guess one of my other problems is that I can't find the blue card that came with my Gateway 3DS, and the version of 4.1 my o3DS is running doesn't have the browser, so I was hoping that being able to use my existing 11.6 Gateway emunand would probably be the best way to do this, if it is possible at all!

Last edited by Velocity,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response, I guess one of my other problems is that I can't find the blue card that came with my Gateway 3DS, and the version of 4.1 my o3DS is running doesn't have the browser, so I was hoping that being able to use my existing 11.6 Gateway emunand would probably be the best way to do this, if it is possible at all!
Ah. Well, you should be able to do the start (9.0-11.3 method: soundhax+udsploit+safehax to launch SafeB9SInstaller) via your EmuNAND. As an ARM9 program, SafeB9SInstaller shouldn't be affected by EmuNAND and should do all its work on SysNAND. After that point, continue using SysNAND with Luma (the default).

As a bonus, once setup (as well as the guide for Gateway I linked earlier) makes launching into Gateway just a simple button press on boot instead of having to go and trigger MSET.

I think the selective update to "11.6" for Gateway EmuNANDs does work, but I am not sure.

Last edited by Cuphat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments +1