Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how that disc will work. And most games are DVD5. You can tell if a game is DVD9 on the actual game itself the bottom is more Gold than usual. Most of the time depending on where you get your games (Torrents for example) it should say if it's 5 or 9.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I don't know how that disc will work. And most games are DVD5. You can tell if a game is DVD9 on the actual game itself the bottom is more Gold than usual. Most of the time depending on where you get your games (Torrents for example) it should say if it's 5 or 9.
sweetness, cheers for your help man

payday friday so off to the internet shop i go
biggrin.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HDLoader's basic use is to boot backups from the HDD. It can also copy games from backups you have onto the HDD. I do this frequently.

A few - I stress few - games don't work with HDLoader.
Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind.

Nothing beats a good old fashion mod chip. Once you have it installed, you will never have any problems and never have to think about it again.

If you feel uncomfortable installing modchips, you can always find someone here to do it for a little money. Even I'd do it if you wanted. I've installed many modchips in peoples' systems through the mail.

Just use some common sense and find someone who has been a member for a long time and is well known and fairly active.

Stuff like that.
There are also online mod stores, though usually those are just as expensive as the modchips!

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i bought a pre-chipped slim ps2 from modchip.ca and i just received it today(3 days shipping)

it works with all back-ups i've thrown at it(FF12 & okami) and homebrew too(snes emu)

i had some trouble with some of my DVD movies,i'll have to look into that

the box contained a brand new ps2 slim(pre-moded) and everything that usualy comes in it's original box

as for backing up,it couldn't be easyer just put the original ps2 game in your PC and do a 1:1 copy with nero

it was quite expencive tho 300$+tx

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
At the whole thread:
huh.gif

Anyway, here in Croatia, stores sell PS2s with modchips preinstalled, with a 24 month warranty on the console, and a 12 month warranty on the chip. Talk about "voiding the warranty"
rolleyes.gif

On the other hand, only one store sells Nintendo stuff, and anyone found selling/installing modchips or flashcards gets prosecuted to within an inch of his moneyz, and then gutted alive. Or something like that. Well, drastic enough to stop all such activities
dry.gif

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Yup, and it costs a lot less if U play a lot. Just coz with Swap Magic or modded PS2, a game is a DVD burned. Not really cheap if you play thousands of games.

I got nearly 150 games, and only a few don't run correctly with HDLoader or HDAdvance. Like "DBZ Tenkaichi" which froze randomly, "Shadow Of The Colossus" which doesn't launch, same for "Samurai Warriors 2", "Street Fighter Alpha Anthology" and "NeoGeo Battle Coloseum", etc...

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from what I've heard tenkaichi 2 works, I got a legit copy, so I haven't tried.
FFXII works, but the fmv is a slight touch jumpy, even with the patch

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey tell me if this is possible plz.

my little bro got given a ps2 slim (i know, got given. little pr...)
anyways;
is there a way to run some HDloader type of thing on the memory card, if so how would i get the software on the mem card?
i saw some alternative that was like HDloader cept for the slim, USB something i think.

any info would be great.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Yup, U can use the USB thing that load isos from an external USB HDD. Or else U ask a friend to put you HDAdvance on your memcard (with is PS2 connected with an RJ-45 cable to his computer to put files on the memcard), and then U can launch it via an original PSOne game that works as the loader of the HDAdvance.

And ryohki, I was talking about "DBZ Tenkaichi", not "DBZ Tenkachi 2". Finished this one, pretty damn good indeed.

Don't forget that some games and/or demos don't run on HDLoader. For exemple the FFXII demo doesn't boot but the full game does. FFVII DoC in JAP doesn't, but US release does. Etc..

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, U can use the USB thing that load isos from an external USB HDD. Or else U ask a friend to put you HDAdvance on your memcard (with is PS2 connected with an RJ-45 cable to his computer to put files on the memcard), and then U can launch it via an original PSOne game that works as the loader of the HDAdvance.

And ryohki, I was talking about "DBZ Tenkaichi", not "DBZ Tenkachi 2". Finished this one, pretty damn good indeed.

Don't forget that some games and/or demos don't run on HDLoader. For exemple the FFXII demo doesn't boot but the full game does. FFVII DoC in JAP doesn't, but US release does. Etc..

where would i get this type of cable? RJ-45. So i just need HDadvance (what type of file, cause i would be able to fit like the iso on the memcard) on the card, then put a PS1 game in then it will just auto boot the memcard file?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a lot of random issues with the HD Loader. The Swap Magic so far, I've had no games not work besides the DVD9s (And there are so few of them.)

It may require an extra step to play your games, but it works great so I recommend that.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Sounds like a lot of random issues with the HD Loader. The Swap Magic so far, I've had no games not work besides the DVD9s (And there are so few of them.)

It may require an extra step to play your games, but it works great so I recommend that.

aye, and its a cheap option too

£20 for a fliptop and swapmagic = bargain!!

and, DVD-R is perdy cheap these days

AND, i think i read theirs a way to convert DVD9 games

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Converting DVD9 to DVD5 generally involves either removing the FMV or making the quality of the FMV smaller. But generally I'd probably go online and find some dual layer blank DVDs and burn it to that.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France

where would i get this type of cable? RJ-45. So i just need HDadvance (what type of file, cause i would be able to fit like the iso on the memcard) on the card, then put a PS1 game in then it will just auto boot the memcard file?

Yeah, it's just a normal LAN RJ-45 cable, from your PS2 to your routeur. Then connect to your PS2 via an FTP program on the IP adress of your PS2. I don't really remember the walkthrough then, but I remember you can from there have access to the file on your memcards.

You take then the HDAdvance in the memcard format (some Ko instead of many Mo) and configure it. In a file U can enter the Serial of an original PSOne game U have. Then you finally put this file on your memcard via the FTP program connected to your PS2.

Then U put the PSOne original game in the PS2, you boot it and it will automatically come to a loader which allow U to launch HDAdvance.

Sounds kinda difficult, that's cause it's hard to describe ^^' Just check http://www.metagames-eu.com/downloads.php?...Playstation%202 and you're done with this.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yeah, it's just a normal LAN RJ-45 cable, from your PS2 to your routeur. Then connect to your PS2 via an FTP program on the IP adress of your PS2. I don't really remember the walkthrough then, but I remember you can from there have access to the file on your memcards.

You take then the HDAdvance in the memcard format (some Ko instead of many Mo) and configure it. In a file U can enter the Serial of an original PSOne game U have. Then you finally put this file on your memcard via the FTP program connected to your PS2.

Then U put the PSOne original game in the PS2, you boot it and it will automatically come to a loader which allow U to launch HDAdvance.

Sounds kinda difficult, that's cause it's hard to describe ^^' Just check http://www.metagames-eu.com/downloads.php?...Playstation%202 and you're done with this.

Cheers man, but that site is in not english (maybe spanish). Before i bother fully researching this, will it work with ps2Slimline, cause i dont know if i noticed somewhere stating this method doesnt work with ps2slim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0BoXe3hH0