Moderation here is more strict than gamefaqs....pathetic

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know that this place is any more strict than any other board. There are a lot of d-bags roaming the halls though, but such is life. All-in-all, I've found that people are generally pretty helpful, and there's only a handful of people who want to get under your skin, and try with everything they've got. So..yeah.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBATemp is normal on the moderation(unless I'm mod, a forum usually is), I don't know about GameFAQs but considering the stuff that I've read on their board, the mods are too nice(or lazy, your choice).

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kyrue said:
I made a simple thread giving my thanks to the creator of Pokemon Bloody Diamond and not only do I get flamed, the topic gets locked.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116232

Congratulations.....you've successfully alienated a new member. Perhaps I was wrong to think this forum was worth my time.
O.o Wow man, I feel bad for you.

You guys are really just proving his point by flaming him.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kyrue said:
After a few days I decided to reconsider this place. To any who think I was trolling, sorry you feel that way but it was a genuine post. I don't troll. Thanks to those who offered encouraging words. Perhaps I overreacted, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick around. The info on this site is priceless and hard to find elsewhere.

Thanks for reading my topic.
I'm happy you decided to stay!
wink.gif

Some people are a bit rough here..But we have many regular members that are friendly, supportive and helpful!
We're a big site, and you have to understand that modding it can be really hard sometimes, also, mods re just humans and they mistake too, so feel free to PM any staff member if you feel like, and have some questions, we're here to help!

See ya around the forum
wink.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Toni Plutonij said:
Kyrue said:
After a few days I decided to reconsider this place. To any who think I was trolling, sorry you feel that way but it was a genuine post. I don't troll. Thanks to those who offered encouraging words. Perhaps I overreacted, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick around. The info on this site is priceless and hard to find elsewhere.

wink.gif

Some people are a bit rough here..But we have many regular members that are friendly, supportive and helpful!
We're a big site, and you have to understand that modding it can be really hard sometimes, also, mods re just humans and they mistake too, so feel free to PM any staff member if you feel like, and have some questions, we're here to help!

See ya around the forum
wink.gif
yes, spelling mistakes!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
dice said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Kyrue said:

wink.gif

See ya around the forum
wink.gif
yes, spelling mistakes!
tongue.gif
You mocking bird you!

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read any of the thread, so sorry if this has been said already.
This is one of the few forums that actually follows through with it's rules. Most forums have a set of rules that they don't enforce and that makes it really hard to know what you can and can't do, and people get mad when a line is randomly drawn.
With GBAtemp, I really appreciate the amount of moderation that goes on, because it shows how intelligent this community can be without a bunch of spam and crap.

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
reaper00004 said:
This is one of the loosest boards I've been to. At least we can say fuck, right?
2827.gif

A forum isn't fun just because people do whatever they want, good behavior and giving the rest of the users an awesome time by sharing same interests is what makes it fun.
smile.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a 10% warning for flaming because I called someone a little turd, now that is what you call pathetic, I've seen a lot worst flaming than that go unpunished, maybe the op's have it in for me for some unknown reason.
frown.gif

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Oh cheer up, it's just part of the tribe initiation here. You have to survive 100 posts of flame and insults before we accept you in.

i got lucky i only had 1 or 2 of those
smile.gif
Lot's of great people here, but like every other pond of people, assholes make their way in.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gk.7 said:
reaper00004 said:
This is one of the loosest boards I've been to. At least we can say fuck, right?
2827.gif

A forum isn't fun just because people do whatever they want, good behavior and giving the rest of the users an awesome time by sharing same interests is what makes it fun.
smile.gif
I can't believe you used that smiley from the ads
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1