Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

paulo1066

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,
Now that i have modified how do i play an official disc?
I have priloader on screen when i power up, i go to the system menu but when i put in wii sports it says 'if you press ok to update the system, if the console has been modified this update may detect and remove unauthorised content causing inoperability of the console'.
Should i have changed something in priloader?
In the guide it says 'Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make to use the system menu IOS'. Which things do i enable as theres a list if them?
Thanks
grog.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
paulo1066 said:
Hi everyone,
Now that i have modified how do i play an official disc?
I have priloader on screen when i power up, i go to the system menu but when i put in wii sports it says 'if you press ok to update the system, if the console has been modified this update may detect and remove unauthorised content causing inoperability of the console'.
Should i have changed something in priloader?
In the guide it says 'Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make to use the system menu IOS'. Which things do i enable as theres a list if them?
Thanks
grog.gif
Enable the skip disk updates hack in priiloader

dchampi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help.

When installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS with the Wad Manager I can't load all the wads specified in the directions. I can load all except the following:
cios222[38+37]-v4.wad
cios223[38]-v4.wad
cios249-v14.wad
cios249-v15.wad

I keep getting an error ret= -1035

Thanks in advance for any help

Lugger067

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I HAVE A WII 3.4E when i have done the first part with the update do i then do the next part of modify 4.2 or is that strictly for for thoughs that have 4.2 from new?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lugger067 said:
I HAVE A WII 3.4E when i have done the first part with the update do i then do the next part of modify 4.2 or is that strictly for for thoughs that have 4.2 from new?
you can use the guide for any firmware

but priiloader has no hacks for 3.4 only for 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 firmware

xxwinexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
xxwinexx said:
So, it's been ages since I've hacked a Wii. I haven't touched mine since I got it working originally. Long story short, my brother got a Wii and asked me to hack it. I've followed this guide and been running into problems.

First things first. I got to the section on making a NAND backup and was unsuccessful. Whenever I attempted to launch Bootmii from the Homebrew channel, I got a black screen and my Wii disc surrounding light would blink ever 1-2 seconds.

I ended up skipping that step and continuing to restore the Trucha bug. I was able to accomplish this. I was able to also load all the cIOSes that were suggested for using a backup loader.

After doing all of this, I restarted the Wii. When I attempted to go back in and admire my handiwork, I am unable to go into progress into WAD manager and load any of the channels I want to. WAD Manager 1.5 loads up, but when I attempt to select IOS249, it instantly freezes. Any idea on what I've done wrong, or what I should do to fix?
you forgot to delete the stub IOS's

Looks like I did forget to do that.

Now, when I am going in to really any app, it is freezing. Any idea on what to do next?

xxwinexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
run dop-ios using IOS36 and delete the stubs then install the cIOS through wad manager using IOS36

Edit:

Ok. So I tried running dop-ios. Freezes on startup.

Any way I can just reformat, and start over?

Scarmiglione

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very in depth, but I'm having trouble near the beginning for some reason.

I got the update folder (though it wasn't a zip, just a regular folder) from the email listed for NTSC, America. Extracted it, got it on my card (with the boot.dol, private, wad, and apps folders in the root directory) of my SD card. I loaded it through both the way specified (going through the system, data management, channels, SD card) and by just directly clicking the SD icon on the frotn page, but I don't get the load boot.dol message. Instead, there is a block labeled ??? that does not run. I checked and made sure, and my Wii in fact is 4.2U, just in case. The SD is formatted to FAT, as well. And just to make sure, I redownloaded and tried it again, with the same problem.

Thanks for the help!

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok this is really not going well for me...
frown.gif
In an attempt to try and fix the NSMB problem that I had before (where it just errors instantly after Disc Channel), I downgraded back to 4.1E from the previous files in this guide, and it still errors!
wacko.gif

Could anyone please help me, and potentially end my frustration.
hate2.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kirby102 said:
frown.gif
In an attempt to try and fix the NSMB problem that I had before (where it just errors instantly after Disc Channel), I downgraded back to 4.1E from the previous files in this guide, and it still errors!
wacko.gif

hate2.gif

What error are you getting?

What loader are you trying to play it with?

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Kirby102 said:
frown.gif
wacko.gif

hate2.gif

When I put NSMB in the Wii and load it from the Disc Channel, it just gives me the "An Error Has Occurred" screen of death instantly. I'm using the Disc Channel (for simplicity reasons), and I don't want to use other loaders (NeoGamma and stuff).

It used to work on 4.1E when I downgraded it before, but now it doesn't
frown.gif
The reason why I downgraded was that I had this error on 4.2E as well...
unsure.gif

Scarmiglione

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
very odd. Do you have another sd card you can try with? maybe your card isn't compatible with banner bomb.

I've tried it on one other one, but I'll give it a shot on one last sd card I've got

Also, I don't know if this is any help, but I downloaded bannerbomb directly from their site (abd6a_v200.zip) and got the boot.elf from downloading the homebrew V.6 from their site. That one loaded fine (from the same SD card) but said that there were no vulnerable IOS's to be found. I checked the forums here and found a thread for that, but when it said to use DOPIOS and use IOS 250 to install a fresh IOS 36, the IOS on my machine only went up to 249, according to DOPIOS. So I haven't tried that yet.

Edit: If it helps, the SD's I'm using are 2gig micro-SD's with a normal SD converter.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kirby102 said:
icpmattj said:
Kirby102 said:
frown.gif
wacko.gif

hate2.gif

When I put NSMB in the Wii and load it from the Disc Channel, it just gives me the "An Error Has Occurred" screen of death instantly. I'm using the Disc Channel (for simplicity reasons), and I don't want to use other loaders (NeoGamma and stuff).

It used to work on 4.1E when I downgraded it before, but now it doesn't
frown.gif
The reason why I downgraded was that I had this error on 4.2E as well...
unsure.gif

Did you patch the iso file before burning it because you need to with that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn