• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

R_Andersen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've modded my Wii back in January and have been using it since but I'd like to update from 3.2 to 4.1 and have the ability to play backups of the newer games. As far as I rememnber I have the following installed on my Wii:

Zelda Twilight Hack
HBC
CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042
cIOS 247, 248 and 249
WiiGator 0.1 and WiiGator 0.3g launchers

Do I need to remove any of this or can I just go through this tutorial as if I was started with a fresh Wii? If so, do i start fromt eh beginning or skip ahead to any particular steps?

Thanks for any help,
Rob

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing stuff is a good way to brick your Wii. Just go through with the guide and anything old will be overwritten.

Also since you're probably planning to go through the entire guide anyway.. it'd probably be easier for you to just get a Nintendo update (won't hurt anything) and then continue on with the guide.

Once you're done, you can use the WAD Manager to get rid of those old launchers and get some more up to date ones. =)

sub501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there,

Guys please help, I'm the newest kid in the Wii world so please be gentle.
I have a virgin sysmenu 4.1 on an EU PAL LEH265...
I managed to install HBC and now I find this guide and... you know... my fingers are burning.
Until now, only HBC is installed, I don't install bootmii yet.

As I don't have a GC controller and the BootMii can be installed only as IOS on my Wii is there a possibility to follow that guide without GC controller?
"2] if Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A."

Second question: is this guide safe on my LEH265 / Sysmenu 4.1?

UPDATE 1.
I managed to apply the trucha patch (I'm pretty happy but still shacking) :-).

Now I'm on step:
Run Dop-IOS v7
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press A to select yes for everything.
Let it install, restart your Wii.

Do I need to proceed to this step? What this is about? Is this step required in order to load backups from SD/USB/DVD?

Thanks.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not need a GameCube controller for normal operation. You only need it if you were not able to install BootMii as boot2 to make a NAND backup. A backup of your NAND is not required, but highly suggested. If you are not able to install BootMii as boot2, I recommend buying a GameCube controller to keep your Wii safe from bricks.

I'm sure you can answer the second question on your own.

sub501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UPDATE 1.

Now I'm on step:
Run Dop-IOS v7

Do I need to proceed to this step? What is this about? Is this step required in order to load backups from SD/USB/DVD?

Thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sub501 said:
UPDATE 1.

Now I'm on step:
Run Dop-IOS v7

Do I need to proceed to this step? What is this about? Is this step required in order to load backups from SD/USB/DVD?

Thanks.
DOP-IOS is used in this guide for playing wiiware/ virtual console games off the sd card menu for 4.0 and up.
just follow the steps and since your new dont assume you can skip any steps.
good luck

quickrabbit5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I followed your instructions and successfully updated to 4.1 (was on a modded 3.4u previously).

I just have one question, the "SD card menu" on the system menu (the new button added) freezes when I attempt to open it, is that a side effect of the hacks installed?

sub501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't take me wrong I don't want to skip any step but this DOP-IOS will modify my sys menu. As I don't have a NAND backup (no GC controller yet) it is a little bit risky. That's why I want to know if this is really really mandatory for loading backups from DVD/SD. As soon as I'll hava a GC controller I'll make the NAND backup and proceed to DOP-IOS but until then is it possible/safe to use backups? I'm not using VC/WiiWare.

Thanks

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quickrabbit5 said:
Hi, I followed your instructions and successfully updated to 4.1 (was on a modded 3.4u previously).

I just have one question, the "SD card menu" on the system menu (the new button added) freezes when I attempt to open it, is that a side effect of the hacks installed?That's because you still have BannerBomb on your SD card.

sub501 said:
Don't take me wrong I don't want to skip any step but this DOP-IOS will modify my sys menu. As I don't have a NAND backup (no GC controller yet) it is a little bit risky. That's why I want to know if this is really really mandatory for loading backups from DVD/SD. As soon as I'll hava a GC controller I'll make the NAND backup and proceed to DOP-IOS but until then is it possible/safe to use backups? I'm not using VC/WiiWare.

ThanksYou should really stop what you're doing and wait until you get a GC controller. I don't want to hear any crying if you end up bricking your Wii.

QUOTE(kaboom987 @ Aug 24 2009, 06:12 PM)
I was just about to attempt the main article on my Wii.
Is it safe?

I hope so, It was easy enpugh to follow
What...?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quickrabbit5 said:

I just have one question, the "SD card menu" on the system menu (the new button added) freezes when I attempt to open it, is that a side effect of the hacks installed?
What he said.

sub501 said:

Thanks
i guess you can skip dop-ios but its not really that risky if your following the guide and just use it for ios60.

QUOTE(kaboom987 @ Aug 24 2009, 04:12 PM)
I was just about to attempt the main article on my Wii.
Is it safe?

I hope so, It was easy enpugh to follow
whhy wouldnt it be?
theres bolded words for a reason.

sub501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update 2.
I managed to use BootMii installed as IOS with the front buttons. So you can update this tutorial!!!
Now I installed the preloader but every time I try to enter System Menu Hack it says no hacks.ini found on FAT or NAND. I have a 2GB SD and a 4GB SD both card formatted as FAT32.
Now I have the preloader menu on screen but what should I do without hacks.ini? Is it safe to exit or restart the console?

I'm pretty desperate about :-(

I'm in the save settings menu now how I return to previous menu?
Please note that I'm using hacks.ini (450) for EU.
Thanks

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sub501 said:
Update 2.
I managed to use BootMii installed as IOS with the front buttons. So you can update this tutorial!!!
Now I installed the preloader but every time I try to enter System Menu Hack it says no hacks.ini found on FAT or NAND. I have a 2GB SD and a 4GB SD both card formatted as FAT32.
Now I have the preloader menu on screen but what should I do without hacks.ini? Is it safe to exit or restart the console?

I'm pretty desperate about :-(

Please note that I'm using hacks.ini (450) for EU.
Thanks
bootmii in IOS doesnt usually work from the front buttons.
its safe you just dont have any hacks applied.
try using a low non sdhc sd card 1gb and under for preloader.
are you using the one i supply?

sub501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it is from your mod online.zip replaced hacks.ini with the one from your first post for EU.
I'm going to use a small 16MB SD card and another 1GB microsd in an adapter. Should it be FAT32 or FAT16? Also the card contains all the mod.zip, should I remove something?

!!!!!!!!!!1 And how I return to the main menu, I'm in save settings menu now !!!!!!!!!!1

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sub501 said:
Yes it is from your mod online.zip replaced hacks.ini with the one from your first post for EU.
I'm going to use a small 16MB SD card and another 1GB microsd in an adapter. Should it be FAT32 or FAT16? Also the card contains all the mod.zip, should I remove something?

!!!!!!!!!!1 And how I return to the main menu, I'm in save settings menu now !!!!!!!!!!1
i would say fat32.

main menu? from preloader?
change boot to option to system menu
and save the settings then turn off your wii

sub501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, I'm in Save settings (in preloader) and I want to go back to the main preloader menu to try again load System Hacks.

quickrabbit5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

As for removing bannerbomb, do I just delete the private folder to remove it? Is there anything important in there?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi