Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.demarketubbergen.nl
XP
Country
Thanks for the awsome help!

GOt everything to work.

Only thing im notecing is that, newer games from 2008 nont want to lad but older games do load (older being death Jr and zelda twilight princess and newer games being Anno Create world or even spyro dawn of the dragon) have you guys gotten every iso to work and if soo how? Thank you again! Im using Pal wii with the sexy 4.1e patch thanks to this guide.
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
MargusP said:
Thanks for the awsome help!

GOt everything to work.

Only thing im notecing is that, do you guys have some problems with your games, like they dont want to load? I have this problem with The Legend of Spyro- Dawn of the dragon for instance. Very odd.

are you using usbloader? go to the gameload settings and play with them, depending on the game you may be able to fix it by turning 002 fix on, or by using an alt-dol to load the game, or blocking ios reload etc. Also, it's possible you have a bad rip of the game, a friend of mine had the same problem, turned out the iso he had saved on his hard drive was corrupted, and the game would freeze during the loading screen.

if your not using usb loader gx, google for another backup loader channel, a lot of them have auto 002 fixes now. There is a combatability list you can google also, some games simply dont work (ie. COD 3 wont work with usb loader, but it will work off of a DVD-R if you've patched the game to 249 using iospatcher before burning to DVD). Of course you could always get cioscorp 3.4, which will allow you to play backup games from the disk channel (beware of cioscorp, it replaces nearly ALL your ios's with cios's, it works fine, but you may have issues trying to run any hackmii installer after installing cioscorp, there is a fix for that too, so no worries... but before you do anything, especially with cioscorp, and i can't stress this enough... MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR NAND!

hope this helps.

Stevefu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not seeing the folder marked try this 1st or the boot.dol file.....am I missing something or am I just failing at life right now?

I got the cboot2.rar and newmod.rar and unrared them but do nto see the try me 1st folder. Is there another file that I am not seeing to download?

SuneC

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
cboot2 info here!

check out the cboot2 thread, there's a lot you have to do, you need to extract files from an update wad found in certain game iso's (twilight princes, super mario galaxy etc.)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156199&st=30

I have the same problem with the missing "try me 1st" folder, and i see your point with reading the cboot2 thread and extracting it yourself. What i don't get is why this is even necessary when it clearly states that these folders are supposed to be in the cboot2.rar file in the first place? Either the files are supposed to be there and this is some sort of mistake, or the guide needs to be updated. If anyone out there has succesfully finished the 4.2 method and still has their cboot2.rar (with all the files) could they please email it to me at [email protected] ?

Besides that this looks like a great guide. I've tried a couple of different guides and this one is simple, well explained and efficient.

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! i successfully modded my wii using your offline method. Recently, i am having problems playing a back-up game and my friend told me to install cIOScorp 3.4. Is this different from the cios38 rev14 in your guide? Is this a safe install? Can you guide me in installing this? Thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rodreyes said:
Hi! i successfully modded my wii using your offline method. Recently, i am having problems playing a back-up game and my friend told me to install cIOScorp 3.4. Is this different from the cios38 rev14 in your guide? Is this a safe install? Can you guide me in installing this? Thanks.
cioscorp installs over you IOS's turning them into cIOS's.

cios38 rev 14 install at IOS 249 and 250

while cioscorp installs from over IOS 9 - 60

therefore, they have nothing to do with each other.

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
rodreyes said:

Do you recommend installation of cioscorp? Why is it not part of your tutorial? What is its purpose? Sorry for the noob questions.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rodreyes said:
xzxero said:
rodreyes said:

Do you recommend installation of cioscorp? Why is it not part of your tutorial? What is its purpose? Sorry for the noob questions.
its purpose is to play backups off the disc channel like a regular commercial game.
its works fine, but heavily modifies your system.
it does the same thing as a backup launcher really, and they only use a couple of cIOS's.

its up to you if you want to install it.

Darkmatter5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the cboot2.rar file that I downloaded, it only contains the following.

/bootmii/
/bootmii/armboot.bin
/bootmii/bootmii.ini
/bootmii/ppcboot.elf
/startup.elf

There is no "try this 1st" folder as per the 3rd step after running the Hackmii Installer. What am I doing wrong?

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
rodreyes said:
xzxero said:
rodreyes said:

its purpose is to play backups off the disc channel like a regular commercial game.
its works fine, but heavily modifies your system.
it does the same thing as a backup launcher really, and they only use a couple of cIOS's.

its up to you if you want to install it.

i see. Thanks a lot for your explanation. It really gave me a 100% understanding on it. Great job helping the community.

thaillestone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
United States
Preloader is sayin I can't load the system menu
But HBC is working fine
and lets me play backup throw R7
is there a way to restore my system and get rid of
preloader?
thanks in advance

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry again for the noob question. My friend told me to install IOS 38,53 and 55. Is this included in your guide? Again what are the purpose of these IOSes. Thanks in advance.

uimy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero, does this guide install Wiigator's GC backup launcher? I just noticed this after launching a gamecube game from the disc channel. Also you might want to include a newer version of bootmii as the version in your pack is bugged and can't create a working nand backup on the 2/3 systems I've tried.

giygas73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
I am having an issue with this guide and I am hoping someone here will be able to help me. (I know I fail at Life lol).

First I will tell you what I have done so far:
-I started with a virgin wii sys menu 4.1 I bought from a friend, without knowing anything about the scene yet I ended upgrading to 4.2 because I am an idiot.
-I waited a couple days until the new bannerbomb 'sploit came out and then used it to install hackimii dvdx, bootmii (on boot2), and home brew channel
-HomeBrew Channel works like a charm, I am happily playing my snes emu
smile.gif
(with no dvd support....damn titleID)
-I then tried to use various apps to load backups, but failed, most apps saying "cIOS" was needed
-I then began reading guides on installing cIOS on 4.2 and ended up at this guide

-at first the guide looked amazingly simple, but because I am such a noob to the scene I was bound to mess it up
-I follwed the guide for 4.2 online and found out that I had actually already done a bunch of the steps
-I ended up getting to the step where you need to get the cboot2 files from the email (thats a cool idea btw)
-The rapidshare link was broken, so i used mediafire, it worked but the zip did not contain the files (although they were similar)

-after this I attempted to get cboot2 from some other thread on a different forum (lost the link sry)
-this failed miserably because the installer provided was missing certain files that I couldnt find, supposedly there is a huge process of grabbin them from game iso's

-after all of that googling I said f*ck it, and downloaded wad loader, attempted to load the ios wads manually without using cboot2
-needless to say, my wiiremote became un-synced and the wii froze, i tried this probably 10 times all with the same result

So now that is where I am at. My questions are as follows:
-are these cboot2 files illegal or something (I hear you have to unpack them from actual game isos?)
-how can I attain the cboot2 files needed for this guide?
-is there any other way to install the cIOS wads?
-if I manage to get some other weird version of cboot2 somehow, will this work with the guide?

Thank you for reading my extremely long and noob-ish post. Your help is greatly appreciated.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giygas73 said:
Hi everyone,
I am having an issue with this guide and I am hoping someone here will be able to help me. (I know I fail at Life lol).

First I will tell you what I have done so far:
-I started with a virgin wii sys menu 4.1 I bought from a friend, without knowing anything about the scene yet I ended upgrading to 4.2 because I am an idiot.
-I waited a couple days until the new bannerbomb 'sploit came out and then used it to install hackimii dvdx, bootmii (on boot2), and home brew channel
-HomeBrew Channel works like a charm, I am happily playing my snes emu
smile.gif
(with no dvd support....damn titleID)
-I then tried to use various apps to load backups, but failed, most apps saying "cIOS" was needed
-I then began reading guides on installing cIOS on 4.2 and ended up at this guide

-at first the guide looked amazingly simple, but because I am such a noob to the scene I was bound to mess it up
-I follwed the guide for 4.2 online and found out that I had actually already done a bunch of the steps
-I ended up getting to the step where you need to get the cboot2 files from the email (thats a cool idea btw)
-The rapidshare link was broken, so i used mediafire, it worked but the zip did not contain the files (although they were similar)

-after this I attempted to get cboot2 from some other thread on a different forum (lost the link sry)
-this failed miserably because the installer provided was missing certain files that I couldnt find, supposedly there is a huge process of grabbin them from game iso's

-after all of that googling I said f*ck it, and downloaded wad loader, attempted to load the ios wads manually without using cboot2
-needless to say, my wiiremote became un-synced and the wii froze, i tried this probably 10 times all with the same result

So now that is where I am at. My questions are as follows:
-are these cboot2 files illegal or something (I hear you have to unpack them from actual game isos?)
-how can I attain the cboot2 files needed for this guide?
-is there any other way to install the cIOS wads?
-if I manage to get some other weird version of cboot2 somehow, will this work with the guide?

Thank you for reading my extremely long and noob-ish post. Your help is greatly appreciated.
i updated the guide with a new email address with the correct file.

and yes they are illegal apparently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Enjoy