• Total voters

DeadmanX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks dude!
I'd move from 3.4U ---> 4.2U ^^ Very simple indeed,and clean =b
I have modchip installed in my Wii,but now I'm planning to get a new HDD for my Wii games.Seems to be much better than using disc,could save me a lot
smile.gif

Cheers!

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case this will help anyone else I figured I would post the solution to my problem. Because I no longer had access to the homebrew channel on this wii I had to use bannerbomb to run everything. I replaced the boot.dol in the root of sd card with the boot.dol of anytitle deleter and used it to delete 249 & 250. Then I replaced it with the boot.dol from the new cios38 rev17 installer and installed new 249 & 250. Then replaced with boot.dol from cioscorp uninstaller and related files and ran the uninstaller. Then I was able to start from the modify step of the guide and all is well again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks,

iamwally

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zootoxin said:
Hi guys,

I got my Wii modded (soft) and up and running fine with HBC, N64 Emu, Usb Loader_GX so thanks!!

I just have a couple of things I am hoping you can help me with.

1)When I select HBC from Priloader menu the wii crashes - System Menu works fine though.

2)When I try running HB Browser the wii just hangs on a blank screen!

3)Is it safe to browse the internet now I have modded the wii?
3a)if so. How do I get the Internet icon on my wii channel? (At the moment I just have discover the internet which is annoying)

4)I have seen some youtube videos where people have the USB loader_GX icon on the main channel along with disc, mii etc.
I had a nosey around the internet but I get a feeling this can be a dangerous practice?
Can someone enlighten me on this and the process.

I realise there are alot of questions here so thanks in advance
smile.gif

Bumpy Bump!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zootoxin said:
Hi guys,

I got my Wii modded (soft) and up and running fine with HBC, N64 Emu, Usb Loader_GX so thanks!!

I just have a couple of things I am hoping you can help me with.

1)When I select HBC from Priloader menu the wii crashes - System Menu works fine though.
I don't know what version of Priiloader this pack includes, but if its below 0.3b, update to that

2)When I try running HB Browser the wii just hangs on a blank screen!
Is your internet connection set up properly?

3)Is it safe to browse the internet now I have modded the wii? Yes
3a)if so. How do I get the Internet icon on my wii channel? (At the moment I just have discover the internet which is annoying)
Go to the settings and Turn WiiConnect24 ON

4)I have seen some youtube videos where people have the USB loader_GX icon on the main channel along with disc, mii etc.
I had a nosey around the internet but I get a feeling this can be a dangerous practice?
Can someone enlighten me on this and the process.
Just find a channel wad version of USB loader GX and install it with wad manager
It isn't dangerous if you get the channel from a reliable source.
I advise you to get the Forwarder (which just loads the app from the SD card)

I realise there are alot of questions here so thanks in advance
smile.gif

khavac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im a complete noob, i updated my wii using the guide that had three separate files (update to 4.2, modify 4.2 then after modding). "no dop-ios or priiloader r48".
My question is what would i do to make this up to date? as in adding DOP-ios and priiloader r48 and anythgin that ive missed to make my wii able to play backups.

thank you

yunior597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just need them my nsmb patched stopped working since i updated cios 249 to rev17... xzero can you give me the links once again of the rev14?

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before the latest update there was 2 setups to this part: Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS, and now there is only these wads

cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v17.wad
cIOS250-v17.wad
IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad
Press 1 to install the cIOS's.
Press home to exit.

so i was wondering if it doesnt make a difference as far as usb loading and disc loading anymore

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnank you very much...
ok now my next question is, can i just redo the guide or should i just use any title deleter to change them

Xcaret12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help ... cios 249,222,223 fail ... v14,v15,v16, v17 ... and since those have erros i cannot load the usb loaderGX nor can i run the NEOGAMMa ... any sugestions pls ... i been trying and just get anywhere ... HELP!!!!

im on Version 4.2

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
I don't think this guide is improving...

It is just becoming more and more unclear...
example please?
this is made for those who already know about Wii hacking;

Stick to CSG if things are unclear.

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
iamwally said:
Just in case this will help anyone else I figured I would post the solution to my problem. Because I no longer had access to the homebrew channel on this wii I had to use bannerbomb to run everything. I replaced the boot.dol in the root of sd card with the boot.dol of anytitle deleter and used it to delete 249 & 250. Then I replaced it with the boot.dol from the new cios38 rev17 installer and installed new 249 & 250. Then replaced with boot.dol from cioscorp uninstaller and related files and ran the uninstaller. Then I was able to start from the modify step of the guide and all is well again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks,

iamwally

I have the same problem, but I'm stuck at the uninstaller part - what app did you mean? I searched but I didn't find any..
Actually, the problem is with installing 249 and 250. It gives me an error when I try to.
frown.gif

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that means that 249 and 250 are already installed, you need to use any title deleter to get rid of them then use wad manager to install the new ones

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
this new update is not working for me.. the old one does.
in this update, when i run neogamma or usb loader. it just goes in a black screen then the wiimote is no longer syncing and it shuts off.

EDIT: i think theres something wrong again with the trucha bug restorer just like what happen last january 2.

i deleted all the contents of my sd card and i did the trucha bug restorer the old method. now it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!