ModMii Trojan?!?!

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used ModMii in the past, mainly to keep everything up to date. I decided yesterday to finally make an Emunand. Yet, when it gets to installing everything, it gets called off due to a *failed install*. Soon after, Windows Defender popped up calling one of the temp install files as a Trojan. I would like to get everything cleared before continuing, hence why I am here. Are there any other easier ways to create a basic yet functional Emunand? For the record, I tried doing Sneek, plus Sneek+DI
1668034665485.png

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have used ModMii in the past, mainly to keep everything up to date. I decided yesterday to finally make an Emunand. Yet, when it gets to installing everything, it gets called off due to a *failed install*. Soon after, Windows Defender popped up calling one of the temp install files as a Trojan. I would like to get everything cleared before continuing, hence why I am here. Are there any other easier ways to create a basic yet functional Emunand? For the record, I tried doing Sneek, plus Sneek+DIView attachment 336560
Sounds like a false positive to me.

Reactions: Gabubu

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a false positive to me.
See, that's what I think too. But since I overthink everything, I keep thinking that if I let it go through, my computer will get infected. Some info on the file trying to be downloaded now would help me get my mind cleared.

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See, that's what I think too. But since I overthink everything, I keep thinking that if I let it go through, my computer will get infected. Some info on the file trying to be downloaded now would help me get my mind cleared.
Try scanning the so-called "infected" file through "VirusTotal".
Post automatically merged:

If you get a higher risk score, then it's best not to run it. Otherwise, if the score is lower and only shows about 1 or 2 detections then you're perfectly safe.

Otherwise, if you are too paranoid and that you're not wanting to take the risk, use virtual machine virtualisation software (e.g. VMware).

Last edited by SylverReZ,

ThatGuyFlip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try scanning the so-called "infected" file through "VirusTotal".

If you get a higher risk score, then it's best not to run it. Otherwise, if the score is lower and only shows about 1 or 2 detections then you're perfectly safe.

Otherwise, if you are too paranoid and that you're not wanting to take the risk, use virtual machine virtualisation software (e.g. VMware).
Thank you again, I got it scanned using a dedicated Anti-Virus software, and it came out clean. I hear reports online of other people getting it flagged as well. Have a great day.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you again, I got it scanned using a dedicated Anti-Virus software, and it came out clean. I hear reports online of other people getting it flagged as well. Have a great day.
It does mention on XFlak's ModMii site stating that a small percentage of the bundled applications can be flagged up by antivirus software as a false positive.

Have a great day.
You too as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2