'Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin' gets launch trailer and post-launch roadmap

mon hun banner.JPG

Launching next week on the Nintendo Switch and PC is Monster Hunter Stories™ 2: Wings of Ruin and in anticipation of the release, Capcom aired the launch trailer today:

The trailer also provided a post-launch roadmap that includes 5 free updates till October. Update #1 on July 15th will include Palamute as a new monstie. Update #2 on August 5th also includes new monsties but also a co-op quest. Updates #3 and #4 includes new mosties and another co-op quest. The final update will come in October and include new monsties and another co-op quest. More details about the roadmap can be found below:

mon hun roadmap.jpg

To have an idea about the co-op gameplay, Capcom also released a new trailer about this mode today:

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin launches this July 9 on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the deluxe version from the eshop preordered. it should preload at any time now as I get charged today for it. the deluxe version is $10 more, but I think it comes with several dlc. monster hunter rise has like 70-something dlc items, which you can buy all of in four packs. I bought the last two yesterday I think it was.

Reactions: WG481

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda concerns me that there's so much dlc to these games. there's sure to be a lot of dlc for ys ix, which also comes out next week. both the digital deluxe version of that, which is 20% off, and it comes with 25 dlc packages. I'm sure there's more dlc than that to the game.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Azael_inf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really looked into the game much, hope there's no navirou 2.
Isn't this game literally rock paper scissors
Basically, there's a bit more to it, but basically.
I hate to be that guy, but this interest me way more than OG Monster Hunter. Why? Because this game actually has, IDK, a story and isn't "endless"?
World had a story, didn't it? Or was it another pseudo-story? Didn't get too much into it.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these roadmaps used to be for extra content like the animal crossing costumes in MH4U or the other crazy crossovers the other games had
super wacky fun as hell stuff
now it's like
"hey, here's a good enough portion of the game done, now we'll drip the rest of it every month because it worked for nintendo with animal crossing no content horizons"
it's free dlc, but you're still getting an incomplete game and the updates are frustrating because it's stuff that should have been there in the first place.

it's still not as bad as monster hunter rise and world where they are one step away from making you buy the character's walking animation, but still...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

God, I hate that cat. Biggest complaint I had with the first. Hope he's less of an annoying little crap.
imo, he was ok in the first game, a little annoying yeah, but it's the typical exposition character from japanese media ( also, i liked his voice )
mhs was a game made mostly to introduce kids to the mh franchise, he has to be there so kids will connect and make the explanations not sound condescending

in the second game, from what I've seen so far, it feels much worse
now he's dislocated because the game is aimed at teens instead of kids, so it has a much more serious tone, but he has to be there because he's the mascot of MHS (and his voice is annoying)
I could be wrong, but I think his usage is most likely going to be explaining the plot in simpler terms and conveying to the player what to feel in specific scenes

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
these roadmaps used to be for extra content like the animal crossing costumes in MH4U or the other crazy crossovers the other games had
super wacky fun as hell stuff
now it's like
"hey, here's a good enough portion of the game done, now we'll drip the rest of it every month because it worked for nintendo with animal crossing no content horizons"
it's free dlc, but you're still getting an incomplete game and the updates are frustrating because it's stuff that should have been there in the first place.

It was more than just costumes and crossover stuff.
Some end game bosses and equipment were locked, such as G-Rank Goldian and Silverlos.
This has been going on for a while with the franchise. The only difference between now and then is that it used to be locked on disk (at least outside Japan). Now it's a full on patch.
And ya, I really dislike it too. Makes owning a physical copy almost pointless...

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kinda concerns me that there's so much dlc to these games. there's sure to be a lot of dlc for ys ix, which also comes out next week. both the digital deluxe version of that, which is 20% off, and it comes with 25 dlc packages. I'm sure there's more dlc than that to the game.

The Ys DLCs are most likely Items you could get in-game anyway and cheap cosmetics
(I hate those stick-on accessories and pallet swap costumes)

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
@Azael_inf
@zupi
You can change the voices to japanese. Then you get the original navirou voice but japanese instead of pseudo language. The english voice feels wrong for someone who played the first game, yeah.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so excited for this one I absolutely loved Stories 1 and am currently in the postgame of my replay.I hope this sells enough to one day get a 3rd title.Only thing is I hope we don't have until the end of the game this time just to get the Rathalos partner it was my only disappointment with 1.

Azael_inf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Azael_inf
@zupi
You can change the voices to japanese. Then you get the original navirou voice but japanese instead of pseudo language. The english voice feels wrong for someone who played the first game, yeah.
I'd rather an option to remove his voicelines as well as any non-cutscene appearence. I'd rather him removed entirely, but what can ya do?

Reactions: Something whatever

Kunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope they manage to fix the framerate on switch. That demo was not the one. The frames are worse than sword and shield. Pity because so far I like the story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok