jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want a fast way, just copy akmenu4.nds (if you are using an AKRPG) or decrypt and copy _ds_menu.dat (if you are using an R4) over to the resetmse folder, rename them to how Moonshell2 asks, RPGS.nds for AKRPG and R4TF.nds for R4 and then you are done.
(Currently just woke up, so I can't really think of any of the other ways at the moment xD).

amannster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R6 card have not really looked for updates till recently because NDS files just where not able to be played.. anyway i can get my card to boot to the MoonShl2.10 and i can run most files. I am not able to get the NDS files to run with the update tho. NDS files that where able to run on the 1.7 install are having difficulty with the 2.10 .. any assistance on getting these type of files to run so my daughter can enjoy her ds again?..
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know absolutely nothing about the R6 cart, but for loading .nds files that are larger than most homebrew ones, you need an external loader like ysmenu set up. You could try putting ysmenu on your flashcart and see if that works...but if it doesn't, there isn't really an alternative that I can think of.

amannster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i was working getting ysmenu to work on the cart but after farther investigation i have found that having just the moonshl2.10 and the ysmenu does not cut it. I finally found the manf. of the R6cart that i am using got their updated files also they got moonshl2.1 integrated into their file system. But still not all of the games work.. ah well must be some funky stuff that they did with it to hex the manual install of such things.. well thanks for your time, i will keep tinkering with it and hopefully come to a resolution.
biggrin.gif

JackKnife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some strange reason, my moonshell2 is not able to play every mp3 file I have. It freezes and tells me to refer to logbuff.txt. I don't know what I should do. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Zeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to skin the Text Reader background? I would like to use a dark background and white text, instead of the default white background and black text.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Zeer said:
Is there a way to skin the Text Reader background? I would like to use a dark background and white text, instead of the default white background and black text.
It's possible to change both, but if you change the text color to a bright color, there is no guarantee that the text will be easy to read. To change the background, you need to create a new skin, so you can just go over to the original download and there should be a skinning tool along with the default theme. Just change the text background image there and edit the colortbl.ini to change the color of the text.

Fanfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue with Moonshell 2.1 (using 3DS and Acekard 2i) in which

1) I'll install it from Windows onto the memory card
2) Run it from the 3DS - everything ok
3) Later I'll run it again (turned off the 3DS in between) and Moonshell will report an error, show a new UI with two tabs at the top. The default screen at this point is "file not found". I am not sure what file it's referring it. I've tried to puase the process by pressing right shoulder, but I can't tell what the issue is.
4) if i press B I can use the typical file view UI, and I can play music and videos, so I'm not sure what effect the error creates.

If I redo step 1, the process follows exactly as before, (after install OK, after rebooting or using a few times, error) which leads me to believe that something I am doing is deleting or creating a file error. Anyone else seen this problem?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lulz that isn't an error. It's a screen that is toggled on by default. It's known as the "Recent Apps" screen most of the time, and like the title says, it should show the latest .nds files/extlinks that you used (supposing you used any at all) so you can quickly get to them (you can consider it something like a "favorites" screen). To turn it off, just go into the GUI/Audio settings and there should an option for that somewhere.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Please!

Someone can explain me the difference between the two options for L/R limitations: "relational panel" and "always on"?
unsure.gif

It's on "Global" category

I have read the first post and with 27 pages to read, uufffff...
blush.gif
Sorry if is a already answered question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!