Homebrew Moonshell 2 FAQ, Guide and Index

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hokay. Topic has been restored to an at least readable extent. Thanks to Veho! Now, go restore any and all threads circa 2008! :D

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

So please, I need to know,

Does Moonshell 2 Child Zwai with the last update is good tp listen lossless FLAC??

Lukeoftheaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I install moonshell 2 to my ak2i from a linux PC, so akAIO remains intact and usable, with moonshell being launch-able as a rom?

SSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssq123.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell can't open an image that I really like on my R4I3DS card. Says buffer overflow.

Attachments

• 3e2309042c063deee2b207f1f264ccd9-d6a0b4v.jpg
    3e2309042c063deee2b207f1f264ccd9-d6a0b4v.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 218

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
BatchDPG gives all sorts of trouble. Is there a latest guide on the best way to convert videos to DPG?
I'm using the Master Encoding Method I used to create.
Here goes the tip:
Program: DPGenc 2.0 (the one included inside moonshell's folder)
Settings:
Audio: Bitrate 224kb/s, Volume 100%
Video: Aspect Ratio 4:3, Bitrate 1024kb/s, Framerate 14fps
Effect: Brightness 100%, Smooth Frame Blending box (marked)

Before using the dpg encoding program from dpgtools, I used to use AVidemux Software for windows. I edited all the videos in there, output:
Audio: Bitrate 448kb/s, Volume (Custom) [AC3]
Video: Aspect Ratio 4:3, Bitrate 64000kb/s, Framerate 24fps, Resolution 1440x1080 [AVI]
Effect:
Cropping and Frame Editing method the way I wanted.

Before using the Avidemux Sofware, I used to use Pazera Software [Free MP4 to AVI] for windows. I edited all the videos in there, output:
Audio: Bitrate 256kb/s, Volume 1.00x [AAC] [44100 Hz]
Video:
Bitrate 16000kb/s, Framerate 24fps, Resolution 1440x1080 [AVI] [XVID]
Effect:
Cropping method the way I wanted.

So, I used those 3 programs, in order to Master the DPG Encoding Method!
I converted Animes, Music Videos, and for the last I'm converting TV-Series.

and I became the Master Encoder for DPG :'D

Note: You YOU MUST HAVE INSTALLED K-Lite Codec Pack and ffdshow v1.3.4531 [2014-06-28]. All of them installed in this exactly order.

Reactions: ignare

ignare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the Master Encoding Method I used to create.
Here goes the tip:
Program: DPGenc 2.0 (the one included inside moonshell's folder)
Settings:
Audio: Bitrate 224kb/s, Volume 100%
Video: Aspect Ratio 4:3, Bitrate 1024kb/s, Framerate 14fps
Effect: Brightness 100%, Smooth Frame Blending box (marked)

Before using the dpg encoding program from dpgtools, I used to use AVidemux Software for windows. I edited all the videos in there, output:
Audio: Bitrate 448kb/s, Volume (Custom) [AC3]
Video:
Aspect Ratio 4:3, Bitrate 64000kb/s, Framerate 24fps, Resolution 1440x1080 [AVI]
Effect:
Cropping and Frame Editing method the way I wanted.

Before using the Avidemux Sofware, I used to use Pazera Software [Free MP4 to AVI] for windows. I edited all the videos in there, output:
Audio: Bitrate 256kb/s, Volume 1.00x [AAC] [44100 Hz]
Video:
Bitrate 16000kb/s, Framerate 24fps, Resolution 1440x1080 [AVI] [XVID]
Effect:
Cropping method the way I wanted.

So, I used those 3 programs, in order to Master the DPG Encoding Method!
I converted Animes, Music Videos, and for the last I'm converting TV-Series.

and I became the Master Encoder for DPG :'D

Note: You YOU MUST HAVE INSTALLED K-Lite Codec Pack and ffdshow v1.3.4531 [2014-06-28]. All of them installed in this exactly order.
I was going along with this, but I hit a roadblock with Avidmux because I couldn't find an AVI option in the video settings.
I also tried completely skipping the Avidemux step and then the .dpg was deeply out of sync (but otherwise fine). What exactly does Avidemux do and how do I give it the AVi video settings?
Thanks

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I was going along with this, but I hit a roadblock with Avidmux because I couldn't find an AVI option in the video settings.
I also tried completely skipping the Avidemux step and then the .dpg was deeply out of sync (but otherwise fine). What exactly does Avidemux do and how do I give it the AVi video settings?
Thanks
Like I said in the Tutorial, first use Pazera Software [FREE MP4 to AVI].
After that, AVidemux and for the last dpgenc from monnshell's 2.0 folder.
I'll snap my settings in order to clarify everyone's mind:
Pazera Software [FREE MP4 to AVI]:
fMD9Quu.png

AVidemux:
048QkM4.png

dpgenc:
208BDeR.png

Note 1: DO NOT touch anything else inside Avidemux settings like (Copy) thing, (Filters) and (Configure). Just keep them default like the screenshot. I highly recommend don't touching anything else inside the other programs too.

Note 2: There is an audio bug that happens sometimes when you convert a movie into dpg, so you have to convert the same video about 3 times and check if they have the same file size (in their bytes). If you do this, move the first converted video to another folder, otherwise, it will be replace by a new one from dpgenc.exe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Note 2: There is an audio bug that happens sometimes when you convert a movie into dpg, so you have to convert the same video about 3 times and check if they have the same file size (in their bytes). If you do this, move the first converted video to another folder, otherwise, it will be replace by a new one from dpgenc.exe.
This problem happens because ffdshow perfectly encodes video and only sometimes audio stream get bugged by dpgenc. If you only used K-Lite Codec Pack (I mean, installed), the encoded video would get messed up instead of audio. So, that's why I first installed K-Lite Codec pack and ffdshow.
I also tried completely skipping the Avidemux step
DO NOT skip Avidemux program. Audio must be AC3 in order to properly success in the converting process.

This problem happens because ffdshow perfectly encodes video and only sometimes audio stream get bugged by dpgenc. If you only used K-Lite Codec Pack (I mean, installed), the encoded video would get messed up instead of audio. So, that's why I first installed K-Lite Codec pack and ffdshow.
Check if when you're converting movies into dpg after Avidemux step, these two icons appear:
1MTxUmS.png

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste,
Reactions: ignare

ignare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to all be working great now. Thank you very much!
Like I said in the Tutorial, first use Pazera Software [FREE MP4 to AVI].
After that, AVidemux and for the last dpgenc from monnshell's 2.0 folder.
I'll snap my settings in order to clarify everyone's mind:
Pazera Software [FREE MP4 to AVI]:
fMD9Quu.png

AVidemux:
048QkM4.png

dpgenc:
208BDeR.png

Note 1: DO NOT touch anything else inside Avidemux settings like (Copy) thing, (Filters) and (Configure). Just keep them default like the screenshot. I highly recommend don't touching anything else inside the other programs too.

DO NOT skip Avidemux program. Audio must be AC3 in order to properly success in the converting process.

Check if when you're converting movies into dpg after Avidemux step, these two icons appear:
1MTxUmS.png

Reactions: Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Additionally I have noticed that dpgenc often screws up if you load multiple files into it (as opposed to processing one at a time, with no future ones in the queue) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.