Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers (fan game), a sequel to SRB2Kart, is now available

Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers, a sequel to the original SRB2Kart is now available for Windows and MacOS, with a Linux & Steam Deck flatpak coming soon.

A successor to the original Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart, released in 2018, this new kart racer is built on the Doom Legacy engine and is a passion project by contributors across the SRB2Kart, Sonic Robo Blast 2, Doom Legacy and other Doom communities.

Featuring hand crafted 3D and pixel art alongside original music and sounds, this is a character based kart racer with a twist. Multiplayer modes are available with 4 player split screen and online support for up to 16 players.

Features:

• A ludicrously long list of courses and playable characters
  • A complete Grand Prix mode with CPU opponents and multiple difficulty levels
  • New and revamped items
  • Unique game systems and mechanics
  • Local split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players, and online play up to 16
  • A comprehensive Time Attack mode with replay support
  • A wealth of secrets to find

:arrow: Source

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • A ludicrously long list of courses and playable characters
Someone put their son's Sonic OCs in the game?
Is SonicChu playable?
  • A wealth of secrets to find
SonicChu?

Not gonna lie, never been a Sonic fan, but the fact the game has "ludicrously" list of courses and characters, makes it sound interesting.
I'm imagining every Sonic lore related character being playable.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched the trailer, and it looks really impressive for a fan game! I haven't looked into it, but I hear SRB2Kart has a huge community of modders and contributors.

Between Shenmue: Reclaiming the Path and Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers, it seems like Sega fans really know how to show their dedication

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually play fan games but definitely gonna try this out when I get home later today

Somehow giving me lots of nostalgia

• Love
Reactions: NitroRevolutionNX

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone put their son's Sonic OCs in the game?
Is SonicChu playable?

SonicChu?

Not gonna lie, never been a Sonic fan, but the fact the game has "ludicrously" list of courses and characters, makes it sound interesting.
I'm imagining every Sonic lore related character being playable.
jesus you need help lol

i remember playing really old versions of srb2 kart, this new one looks fun

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks fun, I liked RB2 and RB2 Kart but I can't drag my friends into playing stuff like that lol
Still going to try this out tho, a Switch port would be neat

flamming_python

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Doom Legacy?

Ain't that a old long-abandoned Doom source port from the 2000s that in fact was really an adaption of the Quake engine to run Doom?

Sure, maybe they want true 3D, but why not just base the mod on the vanilla Quake engine in that case?

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom Legacy?

Ain't that a old long-abandoned Doom source port from the 2000s that in fact was really an adaption of the Quake engine to run Doom?

Sure, maybe they want true 3D, but why not just base the mod on the vanilla Quake engine in that case?
Nah, the updates seem relatively consistent. The last update to the engine was December 2023. It seems to get one to two updates a year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY