More 3DS Ambassador Information!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has released more information about the 3DS Ambassador Program. As per usual, if you have connected your 3DS to the eShop or performed an update before August 12th, you are eligible for the ambassador program. This means that, even if you never used the eShop, so long as you updated your 3DS at all, you're good to go. That's nice of Nintendo.

Also, during the week of August 15th, Nintendo will release a website to allow people to use their 3DS serial code to check if they are an ambassador or not. 3DS owners will receive a link through SpotPass when the website is live.

And, as usual, the NES games will be out by Sep. 1, and the GBA games should be out before the end of this year.

Source: Nintendo eShop News. (Go to the eShop, scroll left, and tap "News")

EDIT: According to Nintendo of Europe, if you have a reciept that can prove that you have bought your 3DS before August 12th, there is a possibility that you can still be in. Thanks nasune!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Oh! That sounds better, so people can finally calm down lol.

There is no official list of all the games yet?
As of yet, no. Any lists claiming to have the full release lists are still unconfirmed rumors that should not be taken seriously.

Honestly, who would believe some random blog?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Never mind, Ninja'd
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Nintendo is trying to secure some third party titles. If you notice, all of the titles are first party so far, and people only want to play so much Mario.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, the dutch nintendo website states that you can still be in the program even if you did not update. All that's necessary is some kind of proof that you bought the thing before the 12th.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I think Nintendo is trying to secure some third party titles. If you notice, all of the titles are first party so far, and people only want to play so much Mario.
That is a definite possibility. It would explain why they haven't give us any more details yet.

QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Aug 14 2011, 06:20 PM) Not much of new information.
I guess that the serial code checking website and the fact that updating puts you in the Ambassador Program is news... right?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
Tanveer said:
Oh! That sounds better, so people can finally calm down lol.

There is no official list of all the games yet?
As of yet, no. Any lists claiming to have the full release lists are still unconfirmed rumors that should not be taken seriously.

Honestly, who would believe some random blog?
LOL ya, thats why I exactly asked for the "official" list
tongue.gif
!

But anyway, thats a pretty good move by nintendo. A lot of people probably have updated their systems but never connected to eshop.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nasune said:
Actually, the dutch nintendo website states that you can still be in the program even if you did not update. All that's necessary is some kind of proof that you bought the thing before the 12th.
Hmm... That's weird. I don't know of any other way to show proof besides receipts...

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well they give two ways: a receipt, or a friend code (they say the 3ds had to have been online with it too) which predates august 12.

edit: here's the page, and this is the relevant part:
QUOTE said:
Hoe je te registreren vanaf 12 augustus 2011

Je kunt je nog steeds registreren voor het Nintendo 3DS-ambassadeursprogramma, maar hiervoor moet je echter wel OF:

a) een Friend Code gemaakt hebben en je Nintendo 3DS-systeem voor 12 augustus met het internet verbonden hebben

OF

b) een bewijs van aanschaf van je Nintendo 3DS-systeem bezitten. let op: Je hoeft slechts aan één van deze twee voorwaarden te voldoen.

Which pretty much translates to:

QUOTEHow to register from august 12th and onwards:

You can still enter the ambassador program but you will need to either:

a) have made a friend code and connected your 3ds before the 12th.

or

b) have a receipt. Note: you only need to fill one of the two requirements.

Excuse my butchering of the english language, but I'm very tired.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Not much of new information.
I guess that the serial code checking website and the fact that updating puts you in the Ambassador Program is news... right?

I suppose, I'm just trying to figure out where I heard about this. It's been a couple days.. eh oh well.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Cool! This will probably make a lot of people more assured.

And, I read a rumor that some/all GBA games will be downloadable on December 4th. I forgot the source though, sorry...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
You probably read about it in your 3DS. The news was out from... Thursday?

I'm just surprised that no one else reported back here.

Possibly. Frankly all of the news that they release all sound the same, so maybe im just mistaking it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheimi said:
lets hope this site is live before I leave for vacation someday this week
Well, the wording from the news was kind of vague. It said "during the week of August 15th". That can either mean tomorrow... Or anytime next week.

Let's hope it's tomorrow!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [erases the d] [then 📝 in] The third one sucked. +500