Gaming More problems redeeming US Nintendo points card in Europe...

Arm73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi you all.
I'm in a sort of weird situation, and I can't find a clear answer.

First of all, I have a modded NTSC Wii (4.2U ) and according to Modmii and syscheck it has all the latest and greatest cios and Wii shop channel.

Last year I moved from the States to Europe ( currently in Switzerland ) and obviously I took my NTSC Wii with me.
I knew it was going to work fine because I took it several times on vacation and it never failed me.
I only had to switch the US power adapter with an European one ( stolen from my nephew, he ditched the Wii years ago in favor of a 360 ! ) and keep on using my component cables and everything is OK.

I was also able to use the US shop channel while here, in fact I had some left over points and I purchased some Rock band songs with it and it went fine.

Now to the problem:
I ran out of points, and and I'm trying to redeem and old Nintendo Points Card ( also purchased in the States.
I tried several times,the Wii points are correct and valid because after entering the numbers I get a displayed value of 2000 points,but I always get this:
Error Code: 205838
Wii Shop - Nintendo Points Card or Wii Download Ticket Error

There appears to be a problem using the Nintendo Points Card or a Wii Shop Download Ticket.
  • Make sure you are entering the number in the correct field in the Wii Shop Channel.
    • For Wii Points Card and Nintendo Points Card redemption, select "Add Wii Points" from the main page of the Wii Shop Channel, and then "Redeem Nintendo Points Card." The following screen will have a section for entering the points card number.
    • To redeem a Wii Download Ticket number, such as for the Wii Speak Channel, select "Settings and Features" from the main page of the Wii Shop Channel, and then, "Wii Download Ticket." The following screen will have a section for entering the download ticket number.
  • After verifying you are entering the number in the correct location, retry the number again and make sure it is being entered correctly.
If that does not work, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we can assist you further.

I tried calling that number, but my cell phone wouldn't let me connect to a US 1-800 number.
I'm using a proxy server so that I can watch Netflix US, but disabling the proxy server didn't help.
Also I tried to display my purchased titles history ( it used to work before ), but I got an other warning screen about the nintendo servers being inaccessible or something.

I'm at a loss here because I don't know whether it's an issue of my Wii being hacked or out of it's region.
Any help would be really appreciated, I found out that there is some dude on Rockband (Jerry Naylor) that does rockabilly music ( kind of like Elvis ) and I need to download more songs !!!

Arm73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to bump this but I need help !

I'm in the process to change my Wii region to PAL using modmii Region change + Guide option.
Maybe I'll be able to add point to my account this way.
I downloaded all the necessary files but there are a couple of things I'm not sure about:

Will I lose my save files ?
Will I be able to play my VC and WW games that I previously installed with a WAD manager and moved to the SD card ?

I don't care about losing a few titles that I legally downloaded off the US Wii shop channel, I just want to be able to add points to my account so that I can purchase more RB songs.

Is it region change the smart thing to do in this case ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1