'Mortal Kombat 1' gets announcement trailer and release date

mk 1.jpg

After some recent teases, developer NetherRealm Studios has officially announced Mortal Kombat 1. This new entry to the Mortal Kombat franchise is described as a "reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang" with reimagined versions of iconic characters. To provide a glimpse of this reimagination, an announcement trailer was aired which isn't shy of showcasing Mortal Kombat's characteristic gory finishers:

Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by the Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and fatalities!

Features of Mortal Kombat 1include:
  • IMMERSIVE STORY CAMPAIGN: Fight through a brand new story featuring your favorite Mortal Kombat characters like you’ve never seen them before.
  • KAMEO FIGHTERS: Choose from a unique roster of Kameo fighting partners to assist you in battle.
The trailer also revealed the game's launch for September 19. Mortal Kombat 1 will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's time to return to the scene.

I used to be world-ranked at Mortal Kombat 9 and MKX. Rank 1 and rank 12, respectively, online.

This makes me want to come back. I never even played MK11. Life happened.

It's time for the champion to return.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They assume everybody already got PS5 and SeX.
Their gen doesn't feel like it hasn't started yet, PS5 is still called "next-gen" when it's current-gen.

I'm happy with my gaming set up of a PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360, and Wii (w/ GCN BC).

Playing GCN with a DualShock 3 controller is kinda cool and makes the official ones and third party Hori ones irrelevant for me.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After some recent teases, developer NetherRealm Studios has officially announced Mortal Kombat 1. This new entry to the Mortal Kombat franchise is described as a "reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang" with reimagined versions of iconic characters. To provide a glimpse of this reimagination, an announcement trailer was aired which isn't shy of showcasing Mortal Kombat's characteristic gory finishers:

Features of Mortal Kombat 1include:
  • IMMERSIVE STORY CAMPAIGN: Fight through a brand new story featuring your favorite Mortal Kombat characters like you’ve never seen them before.
  • KAMEO FIGHTERS: Choose from a unique roster of Kameo fighting partners to assist you in battle.
The trailer also revealed the game's launch for September 19. Mortal Kombat 1 will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE

god almighty what a dumb name for a game.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't infest this game with DLC like how the last one was
Also with all the huge Updates that took FOREVER to Update. You know the Switch Version will be MUCH more than 40GB in size total when Updates are applied. They really need to come out with a 2TB Micro SD Card for the Switch Users.

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too late (the successor may be released or announced next year) for that and pricey as 32GB cards are reportedly expensive as it is to publishers.
if mk11 got shoved to a cart and then require a internet download, then why not try it again for mk1?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did they used the same Asian Male Model for Raiden, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Scorpion, Sub Zero and Liu Kang?

Or is because "iM rAcIst"?

No seriously, having a hard time distinguishing between each character.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't infest this game with DLC like how the last one was
You can always expect at least two season passes of content planned out ahead of time with any fighting game. So for the more casual audience it's worth waiting until you can get them in Humble Choice/PS+/Game Pass.

Reactions: Goku1992A

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ