Hacking Question Motion Controls? ///GlovePie+Joycons///

Tsubakiandou

Mystery member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anyone know if it is possible to write a script with a single joycon to interpret motion to a keypress
as a hold and not a single press? I just found a video posted to the steam forums demonstrating it in use with Pubg
but using a Wiimote instead. This got me thinking if this could be used to interpret the Joycons to using motion and possibly
used to work as a mapper as well for use in games on pc as well. I never used Glovepie before but I really dont know where to start.

///VideoLink///

Reactions: AlanLC

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well first off, what a ridiculous video. :)
But yes there are a number of ways to interface the joycons but this is the only that supports the gyroscope, I think. The Wiimote is ultimately the better option due to the IR camera's ability to eliminate any drifting. GlovePIE and other options (Touchmote, WiinUPro, etc) are all relatively simple enough and the only real hurdle you may hit is syncing your specific remote.

Reactions: Tsubakiandou

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL that video is ridiculously stupid... pressing a button on the keyboard works way better and faster and I notice the input lag on it...

I can do what you want but only using CronusMax device Scripting as I'm not a developer... However I hate motion controls, I never use them unless the game really makes me have to use it like Last of us on PS3 to charge the flashlight if I'm not mistaken...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o