PS1/2 Multi-Disc Games on OPL

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just soft-modded my phat PS2 so im new to all this but from what i understand OPL can not swap disc unless the game prompts you save before changing disc and games that dont ask you to save was intentional to stop pirates so is there a list on the web of game that do and dont have this feature ? for example I want to complete the onimusha series but dont want to find out later i cant change disc.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I just soft-modded my phat PS2 so im new to all this but from what i understand OPL can not swap disc unless the game prompts you save before changing disc and games that dont ask you to save was intentional to stop pirates so is there a list on the web of game that do and dont have this feature ? for example I want to complete the onimusha series but dont want to find out later i cant change disc.

Honestly,before your Post,I did not know there are PlayStation 2 Games on 2 Discs.
And I mean ONE Game on TWO Discs (not a Bonus Second Disc or two Titles on two Discs).

After searching a little I found these Titles:

Grandia III
Devil May Cry 2
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Xenosaga Episode II + III

Maybe there are more.....
Unfortunately I never played one of these Games or have any Idea when these Games Save and when the Disc Change happens.:(

Thank you.:)

Reactions: zfreeman

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multi-disc games will ask you to save your game file. Then when you start the next disc, it will load the previously saved game file (or provide options to do so). The only example I can think of would be games like Singstar, where you can swap out discs to load different songs while the game is still running. Dynasty Warriors has something similar wherein you can load data from a different disc (game, e.g.previous game in a series), and then you re-insert the actual game disc back after the data is done loading (prompts on the screen during the process, of course).

I don't know if the game you are referencing has that feature, but the answer is that OPL does not have disc swapping features. However, those scenarios listed above are not multi-disc games, but multiple games within a series making use of data from different games within the series. Generally the former will just ask you to save your game, then you start the next disc and load your save data; the latter requires actual disc swapping which OPL does not provide at the moment.

The solution for multi-disc games is to simply specify that all the other discs (because they will have different disc IDs) use the same VMC file (unless you use an actual physical card).

Last edited by rs1n,

Lemonov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Stumbled upon this while looking it up on Google, thank you rs1n for the answer.
That being said, Alexander guy's reply awakened some sort of primal rage in me. Why the hell did he even post it if he knows nothing about the topic, and wasted 30 seconds of my precious time on this God's Earth to experience his multi-paragraph smileyface-ridden, useless collection of letters which can also be shortened as "I dunno lol))" if he knows absolutely nothing about the topic? What exact thought made him type this out? What's the point of this specific commitment? Is this person even a conscious human being to consider this action? Is he farming good boy forum points this way? What was the point of this reply's creation? This confuses and enrages me. It lived in my head rent-free for the last hour. I can't let go of it. Someone even pressed the like button under it. Is this world a simulation? Is someone on a higher plane of existence than us automatized the creation of some forum replies, to generate background for living humans to perceive, to mask the real number of us?
It puzzles me. I'm confused by it. My brain is melting struggling with this dilemma. This reply made me question our reality, 2 years since it's original posting. And now it made my type all of this out. What was the point of this text? I don't know, but it's definitely worth an in-depth philosophical discussion to find out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw