Hacking Multidisk PS1 games - swapping between disks

games_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm looking for a decent solution to play mutlidisk PS1 games on my cfw slim without needing any kind of external device.
After much research I now know the following:
So far with webman you can use the web interface on a computer or something to unmount and remount disks, but that's clunky and I don't always have a LAN available.
Irisman lets you swap disks by renaming the ends of the files names in their order, have the game on a flash drive and physically remove and insert the drive to cycle between disks. This is annoying because I would have to rename all my cuesheets as well, and I don't usually have flash drives lying around.

Obviously the best solution is how PSN releases do it by letting you switch disks in the settings menu. But this doesn't apply to games that weren't released on PSN and translated games like Ace combat 3 (a must play by the way). I tried using retroXMB to make a .pkg, had both the bins and cues for both disks and make a .pkg with them. it installed fine but when I would try to run it an error along the lines of V1/V2 isn't full or something and it would force reboot the system.

Is there a straightforward way to just make a .pkg out of several discs that gives you the option to swap disks in the settings menu?

Also, can cfw PS3s play burned PS1 disks? I actually have a decent chunk of burned disks in storage that I use with my chipped PS1, it would be cool to just pop in crash bandicoot or mega man legends without needing to transfer it to my PS3 or download it first.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would think that you could play burnt PS1 games. I think it has been added down the line.
That being said pbp multi disk is what I have been using for many years and retroarch supports them. Plus the beetle psx core look amazing I don't know if available yet.

games_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I would think that you could play burnt PS1 games. I think it has been added down the line.
That being said pbp multi disk is what I have been using for many years and retroarch supports them. Plus the beetle psx core look amazing I don't know if available yet.
I was under the impression that the Sony emulator is best in terms of speed and accuracy.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was under the impression that the Sony emulator is best in terms of speed and accuracy.
All I know is playstation 1 games look bad on modern tv and psx emulation has always been perfect as far as I can remember (bleem in 1999!!). I think you are better of on a pc or android device using the beetle psx core If you are gonna do that.

games_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
All I know is playstation 1 games look bad on modern tv and psx emulation has always been perfect as far as I can remember (bleem in 1999!!). I think you are better of on a pc or android device using the beetle psx core If you are gonna do that.
"Perfect" is not a term that's applicable to bleem or android emulators.
Also I know you're trying to help and I appreciate it, but none of those are solutions to the problem. Other than mednafen on x86 Sony's emulator is pretty much the gold standard for PS1 emulation.
I'm just trying to find out if there's a way to swap disks for multidisk games without needing any external factors on a cfw PS3.

games_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just following up with this thread in-case anyone is searching in the future.
Burned PS1 disks DO work on rebug, as well as multi-disk ones. I played through both disks of Ace Combat 3 patched in english, you just eject and insert the second disk when you get the prompt.
I also tried to convert to a pkg and that worked as well.

Just a heads up that you only need to do this for multi-disk games and games with many tracks in the cue. regular bin/cue is enough for most other games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +2