i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been working on MWoovie for the past five or so years, I am now releasing alpha build 0.007B

What is MWoovie?

It's a microwave emulator for your convection oven

What can MWoovie do?

MWoovie can cook microwave dinners in the oven and play microwave chime tunes (legally obtained backups) when your meal is finished

Why is MWoovie in alpha?

MWoovie still has a long way to go. At this time MWoovie cannot cook any commercial meals, part of this has to do with the fact that official meal and microwave tunes have not been publicly decrypted (tho some scene release groups claim to have privately obtained the common key)

So what can we do with MWoovie now?

You can cook homebrew, listen to user generated microwave chimes using the attached PDF and whistling music sheet

Planned changes before beta:
Add spinning plate function
Add electrical arcing when cooking with metals
Add native food decryption

Download:
GBAtemp.net/MWoovie_microwave_emulator_beta.exe

Please report bugs and request features below

• Wow
Reactions: Alexander1970

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been working on MWoovie for the past five or so years, I am now releasing alpha build 0.007B

What is MWoovie?

It's a microwave emulator for your convection oven

What can MWoovie do?

MWoovie can cook microwave dinners in the oven and play microwave chime tunes (legally obtained backups) when your meal is finished

Why is MWoovie in alpha?

MWoovie still has a long way to go. At this time MWoovie cannot cook any commercial meals, part of this has to do with the fact that official meal and microwave tunes have not been publicly decrypted (tho some scene release groups claim to have privately obtained the common key)

So what can we do with MWoovie now?

You can cook homebrew, listen to user generated microwave chimes using the attached PDF and whistling music sheet

Planned changes before beta:
Add spinning plate function
Add electrical arcing when cooking with metals
Add native food decryption

Download:
GBAtemp.net/MWoovie_microwave_emulator_beta.exe

Please report bugs and request features below
All very good but please can I have an oven emulator for my Microwave. Thank you Mr Dev Supervisor Person.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All very good but please can I have an oven emulator for my Microwave. Thank you Mr Dev Supervisor Person.
Sorry, but that's not possible at this time

The microwave cannot draw enough power to properly emulate the oven, and the noninsulated walls of the cooking area melt well below 350°F

I understand someone was working on it, but they reached a bottleneck - they could only warm the food at about 1-2 degrees per second (DPS), well below the 60 DPS official food items are expected to cook at - and their home burned down (unrelated they were in a marital dispute at the time)

• Haha
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, but that's not possible at this time

The microwave cannot draw enough power to properly emulate the oven, and the noninsulated walls of the cooking area melt well below 350°F

I understand someone was working on it, but they reached a bottleneck - they could only warm the food at about 1-2 degrees per second (DPS), well below the 60 DPS official food items are expected to cook at - and their home burned down (unrelated they were in a marital dispute at the time)
Ok that makes a lot of sense so forget that idea. How about a toaster emulator for my waffle maker?

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that makes a lot of sense so forget that idea. How about a toaster emulator for my waffle maker?
I haven't dabbled in toasters much, but I think if you simply placed metal sheets on both sides of the waffle iron (so as to create an even heating surface) you could obtain a manual solution without the need for an emulator at all

Now if you were interested in the fork insertion function of the device (recreational electrocution) you will have to go back to the drawing board

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ack ack ack!!! +1