OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello my fellow Tempers,

This is my first blog entry!!! As you can tell, I'm kinda excited. But on to the topic at hand.

I head off to my junior year of college next sunday (i know, im feeling real old right now), but im having mixed emotions about it.

1. Everything is just not the same there anymore: Faculty, staff, and other students; their mindset is just off, and the quality of the school has degraded since i got there. Our choir director ( one of THE best I have EVER had) has left after the school I felt wrongfully took his position away. The only thing that is keeping me there is the fact that most of my closest friends are still there and we are planning on making a music group together. And we really like music so hopefully it all works out.

2. I always get stuck with the roommates from HELL: Freshman yr- He was a feminine, messy, and kleptomaniac slut, plain and simple. Im not going into details... unless someone asks. Sophomore yr- He was a nonchalant crackhead with disrespectful friends, and again, a slut, plain and simple. Im starting to notice a pattern here... Imma have to talk to Residence Life about this.

3.With the economy the way it is, I really dont know if i will have the money in time: I have to find a loan, that will consolidate all my others, for $15K in less that 5 days. My job cut hours in half so I have no money for books and other necessities. Ive managed to cut back on my wants, like my Xbox games(not that i had the money to buy them before this recession), food(I was planning to go on a diet anyway), and clothes (I used to buy 2 weeks worth of clothes for $150 a year, but now I could only afford 1 weeks worth). But at least i still get to keep my job back at home, and have a job waiting for me at a local music studio at the city my school is located.

I guess I should stick it out... who knows, i may have fun anyway...

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
jonesman99 said:
Hello my fellow Tempers,

This is my first blog entry!!! As you can tell, I'm kinda excited. But on to the topic at hand.

I head off to my junior year of college next sunday (i know, im feeling real old right now), but im having mixed emotions about it.

1. Everything is just not the same there anymore: Faculty, staff, and other students; their mindset is just off, and the quality of the school has degraded since i got there. Our choir director ( one of THE best I have EVER had) has left after the school I felt wrongfully took his position away. The only thing that is keeping me there is the fact that most of my closest friends are still there and we are planning on making a music group together. And we really like music so hopefully it all works out.

2. I always get stuck with the roommates from HELL: Freshman yr- He was a feminine, messy, and kleptomaniac slut, plain and simple. Im not going into details... unless someone asks. Sophomore yr- He was a nonchalant crackhead with disrespectful friends, and again, a slut, plain and simple. Im starting to notice a pattern here... Imma have to talk to Residence Life about this.

3.With the economy the way it is, I really dont know if i will have the money in time: I have to find a loan, that will consolidate all my others, for $15K in less that 5 days. My job cut hours in half so I have no money for books and other necessities. Ive managed to cut back on my wants, like my Xbox games(not that i had the money to buy them before this recession), food(I was planning to go on a diet anyway), and clothes (I used to buy 2 weeks worth of clothes for $150 a year, but now I could only afford 1 weeks worth). But at least i still get to keep my job back at home, and have a job waiting for me at a local music studio at the city my school is located.

I guess I should stick it out... who knows, i may have fun anyway...
*asks*

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
1. Everything is just not the same there anymore: Faculty, staff, and other students; their mindset is just off. The only thing that is keeping me there is the fact that most of my closest friends are still there and we are planning on making a music group together

3. (I used to buy 2 weeks worth of clothes for $150 a year, but now I could only afford 1 weeks worth)

1. Maybe it's your mindset that's off - you're growin' up, mate *sniff*. Also, if the only thing keeping you getting an education is your friends, maybe you shouldn't have went to college. Or at least, not 'wasted' it on a music degree (I'm assuming based on the other things you've said).

2. You're in college. You should be a slut too. Edit-: *asks*.

3. You spend $150 a year on clothes?! I haven't bought clothes since maybe sophomore year of high school! (3 years ago)

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Its not the fact that I'm only staying because of my friends, its because transferring from an HBCU (Historically Black College or University) to another school means that your grades and cumulative GPA is affected by that, and also the connections and networking I finally got to do last year there would have been for nothing. Plus I love the city... lol We're 3 mins walking distance from downtown!

2) Since you so kindly asked: the person I was supposed to room with freshman year wasn't able to come so they put him in the room. Find out he was gay, but that wasnt the problem. He was one of those dramatically feminine gay people (which is why i chose to be more masculine with mine), always starting something with someone, he would invite people over, and if i was doing work or something, he would turn off the lights and commence to have sex with them (happened 14 times, i know i counted... -_-). Dont get me wrong, i dont mind people getting it on, sex is a beautiful thing, but at least give me a heads up, though, you know?

Sophomore year was somewhat the same thing except: the guy was straight, his friends were disrespectful douchebags... and I got high by them wanting to all have late night smoking and chilling sessions almost everynight, until he got kicked out for it the following Spring semester.

And BTW, at my school STD's are rampant (karma came back to my first roommate... lol), and besides I would if i could
grog.gif
evil.gif
wink.gif

3) I wear the same clothes, but i make it work for me. I work at a discount clothing store (it is THE best!!!) Its minimum wage, but I dont mind. And correction, its not 2 weeks worth of clothing cut down to one its 3 weeks cut down to 1.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars