Hardware My 3DS USB charging cables keep breaking. Anyone know where I can get some cheap ones that wont brea

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Ach it doesn't ship to Australia again. But I did find this on eBay for the same price, cheaper actually because it includes slow shipping. I'll give this one a go, it looks like the same in the photo. I might order a few more different USB ones too, I really hate it when I can't charge it on the go, feel like my weekend plans are ruined.

ieatducks4655

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ach it doesn't ship to Australia again. But I did find this on eBay for the same price, cheaper actually because it includes slow shipping. I'll give this one a go, it looks like the same in the photo. I might order a few more different USB ones too, I really hate it when I can't charge it on the go, feel like my weekend plans are ruined.

Don't eb games sell 3rd party chargers that come with a USB to 3ds/dsi cable you can detach from the power brick anyway?

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so this is embarrassing, but it turns out that one of the charging pins on the charging port of the n3dsxl itself is bent back so it's not making contact with the pins on the cable. So it could be that some of those old cables I bought stopped working, but it seems likely the port on the 3DS itself was actually broken. I see you can replace it with a soldering iron. I just stuck a pin in there and picked the pin from underneath and pushed it back up, and it charges now. The plastic inside of the charging port is very malleable btw, it deforms with very little effort.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_