My 3DS won't turn on after running a game update through FBI

pepito_002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, I installed a Minecraft update (from erista) without having the base game installed, and I ran it through FBI. The screen turned black and I got scared so I turned it off by pressing the power button for a while

Now, when I turn it on, the only thing that appears is the blue light that tells if the 3ds is turned on (I have a new nintendo 3DS XL)

I have checked and the micro sd cars isn't the problem, I have also tried turning it on on safety mode and putting off the battery while the console is turned on (dangerous, I know) but didn't work Please help!!!!!!!!!!

AliSd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember once I run a flash cart on my new 3DS, I'm not sure what I did, but I ended up with black screen for a while and didn't return to the 3ds menu, as you did, I turn my 3ds off via power button, then turn it on, it just show blue light, it take too much time staying on black screen, yes I'm scared that my 3DS bricks, but let it turned on for long " less than hour" then it boot up in 3ds menu.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have checked and the micro sd cars isn't the problem
"Checked" how? With h2testw? Did you empty the sd card before doing the test?
If you didn't, i'd start by checking it with h2testw, backup everything you have on the sd card somewhere safe in your pc, format the sd as Fat32 32kb cluster size, then run h2testw with the "read and verify" setting. The test result will determine if the sd card is the cause of the problem here.
Also, make sure the lock slider on the sd adapter is set to unlocked.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing an update without the base game wouldn't cause this. a lot of people have done that when they couldn't update a game through the eshop. I'd see if godmode works, and reflash an older nand image. this will cause games installed afterwards not to appear due to missing ticket, so use faketik to get them back. if nothing works, I think you'll have to use ntr boot. any brick should be fixable unless it's a bootrom issue, in which case, you'd get a blue screen with an error.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc