My K12 Windows 10 laptop is broken! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Simon34545

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: turns out k12 says laptops should either be windows 7 or 8!!! is there any way i can downgrade without using windows 7 backup? could i download a windows 7/8 iso file, extract to a sd card, and run setup?

My K12 Windows 10 laptop is broken! PLEASE HELP!!!!
I've already tried sfc /scannow in cmd.exe and it found 2 broken objects in program files but i'm talking about MISSING files.
The settings app seems to have been ERASED from my hard drive and the start menu does not work.
Is there any way I can replace my windows directory with a good copy?
Here's my PC specs:
Windows 10 Education
Version 1703 (OS build 15063.1324)
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's not just because you're using an educational laptop? Windows 10 has a ton of Administrative features now, and if the IT guys for your district don't want you to go into settings, they can restrict access. You can always reinstall windows 10 to your laptop from a flash drive, but it wouldn't be the educational version. From the looks of it, your laptop isn't broken at all, it's just being restricted by a domain.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like something's goofed up then. Make a backup of whatever files you want to keep onto a spare flash drive, and then use the Windows Media Creation Tool to reinstall windows 10 to your computer. Just a warning, you'll eventually get asked for a license and you'll need to skip it, meaning that you'll be running a deactivated version of windows which nags you about buying a license, unless you want to use a tool to activate it (illegally). Also you won't have any preinstalled K-12 features

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to refresh Windows 10 without losing your personal data from the Recovery Menu. You can launch that at Boot as you probably cannot launch it from within windows. Instructions are here but can be found elsewhere (obviously).

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html

It might be better to install Windows 7/8 as a last resort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...