Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a beauty!
wub.gif
Too bad there isn't too much to try it with, yet. Spout is already difficult enough without motion controls, they only make it more confusing... They should probably be inverted... The water drops demo is very impressive and hopefully a good sign of things to come because touchscreen and motion just BEG to be combined!
biggrin.gif
I wonder if any developers have any good ideas for this already. I've kind of got one that would use both screens and probably require some basic but cunning 3D... It's like a combined marble madness / hot wire game...
biggrin.gif

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a beauty!
wub.gif
Too bad there isn't too much to try it with, yet. Spout is already difficult enough without motion controls, they only make it more confusing... They should probably be inverted... The water drops demo is very impressive and hopefully a good sign of things to come because touchscreen and motion just BEG to be combined!
biggrin.gif
I wonder if any developers have any good ideas for this already. I've kind of got one that would use both screens and probably require some basic but cunning 3D... It's like a combined marble madness / hot wire game...
biggrin.gif

1 game i would love to see made on the DS, whether it be commercial or port, would be Locoroco. It doesn't have to use the motion card but that would add even more functionality
smile.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a beauty!
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I'm a little concerned with how much support the Motion card is going to see especially now that most new flash kits coming out seem to be slot-1, but I bought the card myself with knowledge that there may never be *ANY* support, so I'll be happy with anything that comes. I bought it mostly to tinker with in my own projects, so hopefully you'll at least get a couple games from me over the next few months.

I'm very happy with the quality of the card, though. The accelerometers and gyroscope seem to be just perfectly responsive and the build quality of the card itself is also great. My only complaint is that the screwholes are underneath the label so that the label doesn't sit nice and flat on the card, there's even some sort of random rectangle molded into the plastic under the label for no reason that I can see. I was also hoping for some sort of packaging, even if it was minimal. Oh well, otherwise it's a very nice product.

...word is bondage...

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got them, will try them in a minute.
smile.gif
I also posted my ideas in that GBAdev thread. This could become very awesome... if any developer has too much time on his hands.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Wow, I LOVE the marble demo!
smile.gif
Someone should make a game out of that, fast!
biggrin.gif

Edit2: SensitiveDS IS hard but it's also quite awesome.
biggrin.gif
I'll keep trying the second level...
cool.gif

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet games can be patched to use the motion card! you can map left and right to the motion card and control tony hawk games for example.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what someone should make is that game where there are 3 or more little balls and you have to move the object that they are on around to try to get the balls into each of their own holes, and once one is in, get the next in without the first one popping out of it's hole. I don't know if I described that correctly. These things were given out as party favors when I was real young. It's was just a cheap little toy. But it would be interesting and fun if it could be played on the ds. And also what happened to nintendo making a motion cart? I thought I remember hearing something about that awhile back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu