Hacking ~My wii story~

So.. what will Nintendo do about repairing?

• They will NOT repair the wii and throw it away.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They will repair it, but charge me because i have homebrewchannel.

• They wont charge me because they cant see anything, and bring the wii savely back.

• Total voters

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
they'll charge you to fix it no matter what happens when they see the homebrew and they can see it bricked or not

I wonder how they are gonna see it.. ( It is FULL bricked and has NO signal)
If my wii was semi bricked, the would have accesed the recovery mode and used the N pink disc to restore it, but after they did it, they will see like homebrewchannel etc, but too bad my wii cant enter recoverymode ( if it could, i had fixed it 1000 years ago) so the only thing they can do now is NAND operation.
Anyway.. when i got results i will post here too!

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
beegee7730 said:
They won't bother looking for homebrew, believe me.

Lol your pic is funny. Btw IF they are looking? How are the gonna look? I deleted cIOS30-cfwprpht-v3.5.wad , that means deleting sys menu. If i deleted sys menu there wont be any homebrew right? O.o

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
G0dLiKe said:
wiiman123 said:
Yes 213 euro.

http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/

Check out an actual bill.

OMG, dude this is a bummer... but I don´t think they´ll charge that much, IF they charge you...

a new Wii costs 199 Euro ATM so this would be WTF if they charge you more then a new Wii would cost.

I aggree!! if they charge me like that, i could even buy a new/used wii. If i buy new: i have chance i will get a wii with the boot 1 fixed ( like my old wii) and if i buy used: i could even buy a wii that can install bootmii as boot2.

D

Deleted-171178

That Hackmii article has been a one off and I don't know of any similar situations.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
O.o the most votes are on this one: They didnt give my original wii back, instead they give me a LU64.
I wonder, will they really just give a LU64? I actually dont think they will, probably reprogram NAND or something?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LU64 is really a bad term for it. It's boot2 v4 that makes those wii's act like that. If you update to 4.2 officially (or they do it for you), you have what you're calling an LU64. Boot2v4 doesn't run menus older than 3.4...

D

Deleted-171178

They won't spend time replrogramming the NAND, they will most likely do this.

Get the Wii.
Power it on.
Find that it is b0rked.
Send you a new Wii.
Send your old Wii to a refurbish facility.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
beegee7730 said:

Get the Wii.
Power it on.
Find that it is b0rked.
Send you a new Wii.

I thought that in the 1st place too, but they lose money right? If everyone brings his/her bricked wii back, and they dont even look at it. (not really logical) aggree? O.o

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he said. They won't bother searching every console since it takes resources they don't want to bother using.

Also, they don't always send back a boot2v4 console. Some people recieved ones with the old boot1 where they didn't have it before.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
What he said. They won't bother searching every console since it takes resources they don't want to bother using.

Also, they don't always send back a boot2v4 console. Some people recieved ones with the old boot1 where they didn't have it before.

hmm but if they dont search every console, how comes people get charged for homebrew ( they must have searched like sh*t?) but i will see... the best is if i dont get any charge
biggrin.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all my time here I've never seen a case of them charging for any brick caused by homebrew. Ever. The hackmii artticle is the only time I've heard of it.

That suggests that they can't tell when you're bricked

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
In all my time here I've never seen a case of them charging for any brick. Ever. The hackmii artticle is the only time I've heard of it.

Yeah, lets hope for the best. How long will it take to send the wii from Nintendo to the shop where i phurased it?

D

Deleted-171178

bjorno said:
beegee7730 said:

Get the Wii.
Power it on.
Find that it is b0rked.
Send you a new Wii.

I thought that in the 1st place too, but they lose money right? If everyone brings his/her bricked wii back, and they dont even look at it. (not really logical) aggree? O.o
They probable have a cycle where you send in your wii and get a refurbished Wii, and then your Wii is refurbished and sent off to someone else.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Btw, if they give my wii i sent to Nintendo, will they change my DVD-R drive? DVD-R has nothing do with the brick, but if they change it, i cant use NeoGamma right? O.o or will they just give my old wii thats unbricked or a NEW LU64 wii.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Speculation, speculation, speculation. Its pointsless and factless.

You've seen the facts thanks to hackmii.com

Gamble on Nintendo, or get a sure thing from VGC Repairs or whomever you trust with their ability to fix a brick or replace damaged parts.

I can't tell you what to do.
The choice and risk is all yours.
wink.gif

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had homebrew on my wii and it wasnt a full brick. they didn't charge me for a repair at all and sent me a new wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!