Hacking ~My wii story~

So.. what will Nintendo do about repairing?

• They will NOT repair the wii and throw it away.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They will repair it, but charge me because i have homebrewchannel.

• They wont charge me because they cant see anything, and bring the wii savely back.

• Total voters

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My wii that bricked, is now at Nintendo.
It bricked because i accidently uninstalled a CIOS. ( so for people that dont know about it, DONT TOUCH IT)
So i got the no signal brick ( of course NO BOOTMII/NO PRELOADER.
I got warrenty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now.. how will it continue? Vote on the poll!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bjorno said:
My wii that bricked, is now at Nintendo.
It bricked because i accidently uninstalled a CIOS. ( so for people that dont know about it, DONT TOUCH IT)
So i got the no signal brick ( of course NO BOOTMII/NO PRELOADER.
I got warrenty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now.. how will it continue? Vote on the poll!
from what ive read the just fix your wii,no more homebrew channel,but i think they might go to 4.2

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
beegee7730 said:
It depends if you are out of warranty or not if you get charged.

i got till decembre or something warranty, O.o i wonder if they are NOW repairing my wii.. how long will it take till i get it back?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Uninstalling a cIOS will still le the Wii boot. Uninstalling IOSes will brick it (as you expierenced).
QUOTE(bjorno @ Nov 4 2009, 03:51 PM) I got warrenty.
No you don't. Installing Homebrew clearly violates the EULA and therefore you got no warrenty.
See http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/#more-536
The Kostenvoranschlag/bid says:
Ausschlus der Gewährleistung durch die Art des Defektes.
Modifizierung an der internen Software vorgenommen.

No warranty because of the character of the defect.
Internal software was modified.

All in all it made 213,50€ in this example (314,98 USD).

Off-Topic: You should use a poll with Radio buttons and not with check boxes, people can tick all answers at once.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mousex said:
bjorno said:
Uninstalling a cIOS will still le the Wii boot. Uninstalling IOSes will brick it (as you expierenced).
No you don't. Installing Homebrew clearly violates the EULA and therefore you got no warrenty.

Off-Topic: You should use a poll with Radio buttons and not with check boxes, people can tick all answers at once.

Nope.. i uninstalled a CIOS and got black screen and no signal (cIOS30-cfwprpht-v3.5.wad).
about warrenty.. it depends, if Nintendo can see about homebrew in my wii, i have to pay, but if they cant, i dont have to.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
It depends if you are out of warranty or not if you get charged.
he is definitely our of warranty already because he did modify his wii...
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
mousex said:
bjorno said:

Nope.. i uninstalled a CIOS and got black screen and no signal (cIOS30-cfwprpht-v3.5.wad).
about warrenty.. it depends, if Nintendo can see about homebrew in my wii, i have to pay, but if they cant, i dont have to.
aha that's not an actual cIOS
why didn't you read the cIOSCorp readme?
Not to be mean, but if that's how u bricked then you fully deserved it.
Also about paying, if you are under warranty your good
they will just replace your wii
next time don't do shit you are not sure of

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
You realize there are other services that repair professionally Wiis and other consoles, such as VGC Repairs. They don't care if you have any homebrew installed. They'll fix it. The prices are reasonable too.

Unless you want to risk it with Nintendo.

Your Wii, Your choice.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still now answer about how much it cost to repair it if they charge me? around €200?, if they charged me around €200.. i could also buy a new wii that is the SAME price.. ( my bricked wii has the fixed boot 1) so it doesnt matter..

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ROFL. and what if i dont pay? ( i will obviously not get it back right?) Buying a new wii is €200 exact.. so charging someone with this is useless..

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now they have your address so they are making a warrant to come to your residence. Burn everything illegal you have and run and stay at a hotel.

Beware.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wyndcrosser said:
Well now they have your address so they are making a warrant to come to your residence. Burn everything illegal you have and run and stay at a hotel.

Beware.

Wrong. they dont got my address.. I placed my wii back to the shop where i bought it. and they send it to Nintendo, they only got my phone number.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They'll repair it, but they MIGHT charge. If they format the NAND or switch motherboards they won't be able to see that it has HBC installed, but if they use some other method where they do, they'll charge.

bjorno, they can get your address with your phone number
wink.gif

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jdbye said:
They'll repair it, but they MIGHT charge. If they format the NAND or switch motherboards they won't be able to see that it has HBC installed, but if they use some other method where they do, they'll charge.

bjorno, they can get your address with your phone number
wink.gif

But because of me, a lot of people will get a good answer about if NINTENDO can see what i got in my wii if my wii doesnt even got a signal (doesnt boot) but if they charge me, it means they still can check it ( so it doesnt matter how you bricked it ).
Anyway its pretty strange to charge me without even asking me if i still want to continue to repair? Same as, my car exploded and i brought it back where i bought it. And they say i modified the car so you will get a charge, and without even having my permission to continue, they continue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If just for PC I would recommend an external hard drive like 2 TB and just build your own...