Homebrew N3DS possibly bricked by closing lid while on wifi on 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make that a lesson to any newbies to modding scenes - if you're running a firmware build designed for different hardware, make dead sure you do what you needed to do as fast as possible, and get out. Don't even breathe on the damn thing at a weird angle. Just because the N3DS is backwards compatible with O3DS only games, and can do weird emulation stuff of the Circle Pad Pro using it's bult-in version, doesn't mean that it works with the firmware.

Kinda hoping I never have to downgrade a N3DS to O3DS firms like that.

Reactions: Deleted User

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus just downgraded yesterday, and this terrified me at how close I was to breaking it.
All I needed to do was close the lid, maybe even by accident and it would've ruined it.

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It bricls if you close the lid while on 2.1, when you do the downgrade to 2.1. keep on going till the Point where you Restore your backup backup to 9.2. after that you are safe to close it

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Closing the lid of the N3DS while it is running FW 2.1 corrupts the MCU partition for some reason. You need a hardmod to recover from that brick. Or you can just get a new 3DS.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't be bothered reading the first two pages, but if you left it in sleepmode while it was on 2.1, it's dead for good

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Closing the lid of the N3DS while it is running FW 2.1 corrupts the MCU partition for some reason. You need a hardmod to recover from that brick. Or you can just get a new 3DS.
Not the standard eMMC hardmod, though. The methods for restoring the MCU aren't publicly available AFAIK.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Plailects Guide said:
Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick! This only happens when shutting the lid while the device is on; this does not apply to turning the device off. You should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im pretty sure he already has? and yea, no way through this than hardmod.
Plailects Guide said:
Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick! This only happens when shutting the lid while the device is on; this does not apply to turning the device off. You should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
hopefully he made the backup for the nand. also in my experience the screen dims more and more as youre on 2.1 (after doing the browser arm11.bin thing while making rainbows

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been trying to setup A9LH, and I'm on the part where I injected 2.1 unbricked (N3DS) into my SysNAND, but I closed my 3DS on the 2.1 browser screen while I went to go take a shower (~20 min) and the screen was black when I came back. Now whenever I start up my system, I get "an error has occurred, please turn off the power" immediately as I boot. No luck trying to get into recovery mode, hangs at a black screen, screen turns on, but is pitch black. I've tried removing my SD when booting, but no luck there either. Is this recoverable or is a hardmod needed to restore a nand backup?
You need a hardmod, it says on then 2.1 ctr transfer not to close on new3ds systems...read everything beforehand

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry but this is your own fault tbh, if you don't read and follow the instructions properly you're done. I had installed a hardmod myself for a friends N3DS and was able to fix his so that's what you'll need to do

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 232

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hopefully he made the backup for the nand. also in my experience the screen dims more and more as youre on 2.1 (after doing the browser arm11.bin thing while making rainbows
the brick is unrecoverable as the guide says, for some unknown reason this bricks the MCU and there is no public way to recover that, he literally screwed up his 3ds, a nand backup wouldn´t bring you any success in recovering the MCU

Reactions: Giodude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: