Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my Japan N3ds downgrade went great I just bought a brand new Hyrule edition N3ds XL on 9.9U just waiting for the new safer downgrade program to be release.

Edit: Had to update to 10.3 to use the internet browser thank god I did before nintendo dropped 10.4

Last edited by andre104623,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my Japan N3ds downgrade went great I just bought a brand new Hyrule edition N3ds XL on 9.9U just waiting for the new safer downgrade program to be release.

Edit: Had to update to 10.3 to use the internet browser thank god I did before nintendo dropped 10.4
I would risk the upgrade as you can return the 3ds if you brick it, assuming you got it from a store with a return policy.

once 10.4 comes out, soft bricks will be stuck upgrading to 10.4, no redos after that.

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is what i did. I downgraded my 3ds from firmware version 10.3 europe to 9.2 europe using this guide:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

Then I installed a custom firmware to launch on coldboot following this guide:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-

Everything worked out fine on a N3DS, no issues what-so-ever. I didn't format my system before downgrading either.

(I also don't take responsibility if something happens to someone who follows those links)

Attachments

• 12511875_1003889386316156_814641138_n.jpg
    12511875_1003889386316156_814641138_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 351

azurejord94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully downgraded my European N3DSXL from 10.3-9.2. Although I had the cia error but deleting both updates and sysupdater folders and then putting them back on the SD card fixed it.

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downgraded successful from 9.9 to 9.2 .Currently doing backup of sysnand using emunand9. I just started emunand9 from homebrew and then i selected dump sysnand as nand.bin . Is this the right way to proceed ?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded successful from 9.9 to 9.2 .Currently doing backup of sysnand using emunand9. I just started emunand9 from homebrew and then i selected dump sysnand as nand.bin . Is this the right way to proceed ?
That or use the gateway menu to do a nand dump. Either should work without any problems.

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
Just going to post this video, It's not my tutorial but after trying countless times to get it working I followed what this guy did in his video, including the db files part and the mashing b out of ftpony.

Following his steps it worked after 2 attempts. I also double checked the cia update files were correct for my system (europe) and they were in the updates folder on root.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I seriously lost count of my attempts before finding the video.

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am i the only one with a N3ds That had it on the first try ? Im still installing my stuff, but i didnt had any frankeinstein issue as double application or ironfall actually working when he is supposed to not.

monkey69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bit the bullet and downgraded my Hyrule N3DSXL from 10.3 to 9.2 with Julian's sysUpdater. Everything went fine, shows 9.2, browserhax works, menuhax works, but I have the situation where I can't install non-legit CIAs with FBI.

Last edited by monkey69,

EpicInki

Trophies
Website
EpicInki.com
XP
Country
I suppose I should make a post.
New 3DS XL 10.3 Europe
Menuhax 2.5
Worked on first try, after opening and closing FTBrony
Downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 successfully, installed EmuNand and getting those Cias ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Yeah, BonziBuddy was both spyware and ad-ware. It collected children's personal information without consent as well as display fake Windows popups.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast bonzi got discontinued
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The people who created Bonzi now owns a company called 2KDirect; an advertising firm. https://www.ipromote.com/
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast they get slightly cleaner money
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, hot take
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So Bonzi buddy was an evil version of Alexa lol
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +4
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +3
    If someone is in the military they should be allowed to smoke and drink at 18.... Would help drive recruitment lol
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all know they do and will anyways. I think laws prevented them only pushes them to illegally do it. Even tho if was legal, most prob wouldn't even bother. Not a big deal or risque if its legal, no fun.
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    That's why some kids don't mind having a rap sheet or two just so they never get drafted
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i think the voting age should match the adult and drinking ages too, because by the logic of giving them time to mature and think rationally so they don't drive drunk, then they should also have that time to mature and think rationally so they can think for themselves
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good +1