Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That sounds pretty fun greyhound, but I think we would need someone with moderating powers to run it or at least supervise it. Maybe not though. I'm in either way.

We could always appoint a "judge" for each round (maybe the winner of the previous round?). They could set the genre and settle disputes. I vote for greyhound as the judge of round one.

As for "stoppers", we need a rule as to how long people have to post a new movie. If they don't post within the allotted time frame, they should lose the point, and the previous movie poster goes again. Just a thought, but we need something strict if this is to be a decent game.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
greyhound said:
Each new game gets it's own thread, not dissimilar to the 'Know Your Temps' threads, where each individual round will be hosted. The reason for having shorter games is that the rules lose meaning as the thread gets longer and it pisses me off when people start posting the same movies. Obviously, we won't enforce this rule between rounds. The winner of each round will be the person with the most points at the end of the month.

That's a good idea. I like the idea of doing genres and decades. How about maybe posting a trivia question about the movie at the same time for a kind of bonus point type thing. So you could have X (Y) as the scoring where X = number of stills correctly guessed and Y is the number of trivia questions correctly guessed. That way there's a cryptic clue style hint with the pic in case they're too hard.

QUOTE said:
Tell me what you think and hopefully TrolleyDave will add his thoughts. We also need some ideas for the 'stoppers', people ducking out of the game after they have made a correct guess or just not returning to check. There's been some times when the thread has been halted for days by an awkward stopper.

Szyslak idea for removing the point if they don't post a still within a certain time is the perfect solution. It keeps the list of 1 pointers down to a bare minimum. Howabout if the person guesses correct but doesn't post his pic within say 9 or 10 hours (accounts for time zones, work, school, sleep etc.) then the persons point is removed and they're banned from the round for halting it?

Szyslak said:
That sounds pretty fun greyhound, but I think we would need someone with moderating powers to run it or at least supervise it. Maybe not though. I'm in either way.

We could always appoint a "judge" for each round (maybe the winner of the previous round?). They could set the genre and settle disputes. I vote for greyhound as the judge of round one.

The judge idea sounds great, making it the winner of the last round is ideal as well cos it sets a kind of prize as well if you know what I mean. I put my vote in for Greyhound being the 1st judge as well.

As for "stoppers", we need a rule as to how long people have to post a new movie. If they don't post within the allotted time frame, they should lose the point, and the previous movie poster goes again. Just a thought, but we need something strict if this is to be a decent game.

IMO that's the perfect solution for it.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the rules are changing can we do teams.
Like users starting with RTSBMF will be on a team and the rest of the alphabet on a group... lol.

Teams would be cool though.

ADDITION: would be the usual but point goes to team then the user that guessed it posts a new image if he cant another team mate throws one in. (would have to be quite a few teams though and it

nevermind. teams would screw up the game.

greyhound

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok some good suggestions. Keep them coming. Teams could work, we could try it out for one of the monthly game.

A judge seems like a good idea and there will always be people to watch over the game and step in if people are getting annoying. So we penalise people who don't post a movie in time, what about when they have posted a movie and don't come back to check? I know I've confirmed movies on behalf of others in the past but I never wanted that to happen and I think it should stop for the next round.

greyhound

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well if you have any more ideas, send me a message. I'll start this new game going in a few days in time for the beginning of August.

Consider this thread closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning