Homebrew nds-constrain't - Taking advantage of a flaw in the Nintendo DS(i) SSL library

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm getting sick of Nintendo and their constant bullshit against the fan community.
How the fuck does this hurt them when they shot down the servers THEMSELVES years ago?

Counter attack this bullshit ASAP, please.
If there is no clear evidence of the repository using actual copyrighted assets, and if it's all legit reverse engineered documentation, they can't claim a DMCA notice over it.

Fight back.
It's time to give them the fucking finger already.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the DMCA, we're pretty sure it's not from Nintendo.
There's numerous grammar errors, trademarks aren't correct (should be Wi-Fi Connection, not WiFi Connection), and there's no registered copyright numbers.
For reference, here's a valid Nintendo DMCA on GitHub: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2017/2017-06-22-Nintendo.md
The one that was supposedly sent from Nintendo to us is: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2019/09/2019-09-04-Nintendo.md
A massive difference in quality, wouldn't you say?

Either way, we're working on it. Hopefully there'll be good news soon.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the DMCA, we're pretty sure it's not from Nintendo.
There's numerous grammar errors, trademarks aren't correct (should be Wi-Fi Connection, not WiFi Connection), and there's no registered copyright numbers.
For reference, here's a valid Nintendo DMCA on GitHub: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2017/2017-06-22-Nintendo.md
The one that was supposedly sent from Nintendo to us is: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2019/09/2019-09-04-Nintendo.md
A massive difference in quality, wouldn't you say?

Either way, we're working on it. Hopefully there'll be good news soon.
ye, i don't think this ones real either.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was about to try this today (I'm on work's vacation) and this happens... damn, talk about luck. But I agree, if indeed Nintendo is taking down this, what a dicks they are huh? Hopefully is a Hoax from some trolls and is revived.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is Nintendo even legally allowed to take stuff like this down under the DMCA? One would think it wouldn't be copyrighted code...
I agree. Maybe they could object to the use of their trademarks, but that wouldn't be a DMCA thing.

When it comes to things like this, I strongly suspect that Nintendo has more to lose in calling attention to the existence of the project than they have to gain from its takedown.

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting sick of Nintendo and their constant bullshit against the fan community.
How the fuck does this hurt them when they shot down the servers THEMSELVES years ago?

Counter attack this bullshit ASAP, please.
If there is no clear evidence of the repository using actual copyrighted assets, and if it's all legit reverse engineered documentation, they can't claim a DMCA notice over it.

Fight back.
It's time to give them the fucking finger already.

Actually, you are incorrect for the servers fueling the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service were owned by GameSpy and it was their parent company, Ziff Davis, who shutdown GameSpy's service platform

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To me it seems more like an attack on the KaeruTeam...
Anyways, if it's nothing serious, GitHub should unlock the repositories after 2 weeks.

Last edited by Valery0p,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.