Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Toyskyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried remaking my forwarders to DSTWO and all of them are getting me to DSTWO's main menu. Using the files form the first post and using version 2.9.3. Tried looking for template updates and still nothing :(
The newest templates aren't working with DSTWO anyways, at the moment the result of setting everything up properly is getting a white screen.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Doesn't work with my Acekard 2i. It just keeps booting me into the YSMenu. Is it normal that the program will also create a .nds file along with the .cia file? Do I need to do something with that as well?

Edit: More informations
n3DS (A9LH + Luma3DS 6.6 (latest hourly))

The YSMenu.ini in the _nds folder shows this
[YSMENU]
AUTO_BOOT=/roms/nsmb.nds
DEFAULT_DMA=true
DEFAULT_RESET=false

Last edited by Schnida,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work with my Acekard 2i. It just keeps booting me into the YSMenu. Is it normal that the program will also create a .nds file along with the .cia file? Do I need to do something with that as well?
You don't need the generated .nds file. You can uncheck "Keep .NDS file".
Edit: More informations
n3DS (A9LH + Luma3DS 6.6 (latest hourly))

The YSMenu.ini in the _nds folder shows this
Is nsmb.nds in "fat:/roms/"?
fat = flashcard root

Reactions: Schnida

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, it is. I've been trying it with many different roms and different directories.

There must be some obvious thing I'm missing. Is it normal that the cia gets installed in the NAND instead of the SD-card?
And is it normal that the installed cia-icon doesn't appear immediately? I usually need to make a reboot first.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is. I've been trying it with many different roms and different directories.
Try checking YSMenu.ini in the YSMenu or TTMenu folders in the flashcard root.
There must be some obvious thing I'm missing. Is it normal that the cia gets installed in the NAND instead of the SD-card?
And is it normal that the installed cia-icon doesn't appear immediately? I usually need to make a reboot first.
Yes and Yes, but you don't need to reboot. You can close the lid of the 3DS, then open it back up.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Try checking YSMenu.ini in the YSMenu or TTMenu folders in the flashcard root.

Yes and Yes, but you don't need to reboot. You can close the lid of the 3DS, then open it back up.
1f46f0b5b93f51ae1130a3df752725bd.png

This is my root. As you can see, I don't have a TTMenu folder. There's no YSMenu.ini in the YSMenu folder but there's one in the YSMenu_norm folder

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is my root. As you can see, I don't have a TTMenu folder. There's no YSMenu.ini in the YSMenu folder but there's one in the YSMenu_norm folder
I'll fix the issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try re-downloading the pack. I fixed "akmenu4.nds".

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I Guess It Won't Work With This Then? Because It's The Only NDS Flashcart I Have

Had To Crop The Picture Due To It Being 2.17MB!

1. Is both TTfwd.dat and YSMenu.nds in the flashcard root?
  2. Is loadcard_dstt.nds in the 3DS SD Card, at "sdmc:/_nds/"?
I figured out the issue. Turns out that despite the flashcard saying R4i-SDHC 1.45, the R4i-SDHC 1.4.x template DOES NOT work with it. I remade all my forwarders using the DSTT/R4i-SDHC (non 1.4.x version) and used the DSTT forwarder pack as opposed to the Acekard2i / R4i-SDHC 1.4.x pack and the forwarders worked.

Mistah Spoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever I select one of the DS games, it shows the DSi startup screen, and then the bottom screen says that I'm missing a bootstrap. Is there something I'm missing?

Glitchmaster123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I figured out the issue. Turns out that despite the flashcard saying R4i-SDHC 1.45, the R4i-SDHC 1.4.x template DOES NOT work with it. I remade all my forwarders using the DSTT/R4i-SDHC (non 1.4.x version) and used the DSTT forwarder pack as opposed to the Acekard2i / R4i-SDHC 1.4.x pack and the forwarders worked.
My R4DS Version That's On My MicroSD Card Is Ver1.8.3b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1