Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

miedori

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so I tried to make a shortcut for Pokemon Black, White, Black2, and White2 No Impossible Evo (using Randomizer) , then something this showed up in Forwarder
shortcut in home showed no icon and no title, but the game run just fine
is there a way to fix this? have followed the FAQs but i keep getting this
oddly enough i didn't get this problem when making shortcuts for Gen 4 games (also no impossible evo using randomizer)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-09 234738.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-09 234738.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 59

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I tried to make a shortcut for Pokemon Black, White, Black2, and White2 No Impossible Evo (using Randomizer) , then something this showed up in Forwarder
shortcut in home showed no icon and no title, but the game run just fine
is there a way to fix this? have followed the FAQs but i keep getting this
oddly enough i didn't get this problem when making shortcuts for Gen 4 games (also no impossible evo using randomizer)
You can replace the banner with a normal one.

miedori

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can replace the banner with a noi actually have searched on how to do that for hours, but i don't think i
thanks for replying RocketRobz. I actually have searched for hours on how to do that, but i haven't found anything. Do you mind telling me the steps or is there somewhere i can look for it

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on adding compatibility with the widescreen patches?
They already have compatibility with the widescreen patches. If you have TWiLight Menu++ installed, it should be able to use the patches from there.
Make sure widescreen is enabled in the forwarder's per-game settings menu (opened by holding the Y button after launching the forwarder).

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wen I open a game via forwarder they don't become widescreen,I'm i doing something wrong? Or are the forwarders generated inside the 3ds not compatible?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wen I open a game via forwarder they don't become widescreen,I'm i doing something wrong? Or are the forwarders generated inside the 3ds not compatible?
It's probably been a while since you created the forwarders. Try updating the forwarder pack using Universal-Updater.
If the issue persists, then try recreating the forwarders.

Shurp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having an issue with forwarders created using the NDSForwarder tool from Universal-Updater

Some of the games (namely the Professor Layton ones so far) I am unable to access the menu when holding Y at launch to access things like the cheats menu etc. other games the menu is accessible (tested on Chrono Trigger, Henry Hatsworth and Ace Attorney Investigations so far)

running Luma v12, nds-bootstrap v0.70, the forwarder tool was downloaded today so would be using the very latest everything

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably been a while since you created the forwarders. Try updating the forwarder pack using Universal-Updater.
If the issue persists, then try recreating the forwarders.
I did mention that while back the forwarder is in abc so just watch F letter dont click on forarder there is real nds without forwarder. if you understand thats why i deleted all forarders for ds so it dont read all forwarders

RoyalTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to reinstall my forwarders recently. So the last couple of days I have been scratching my head as to why I couldn't open the forwarder .jar. Especially since I've used this to install the forwarders previously, and even contributed one of the working java versions.

Today, I have finally figured out how to make sure it works. AND it removes the need to use a .bat file as well.

For whatever reason, trying to open the .jar file while having multiple java versions or at least newer ones (I haven't extensively tested this) causes java to throw an error.

However, if you uninstall all other java versions and only install the version I suggested before, opening the .jar works every time. I'm not experienced enough in Java (basically zero experience) to know why this is, but I have some suspicions. When attempting to open using cmd with a newer version of java, the error thrown is something along the lines of (I'm sorry I didn't write down the exact wording): cannot open jar: undefined application [.jar/Application/application].

In summary, you should:

- Uninstall all versions of java present
- Install either of the recommended versions in the main post
- Use the forwarder as needed
- Reinstall a newer version of java

MANGOM1LK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue with forwarders created using the NDSForwarder tool from Universal-Updater

Some of the games (namely the Professor Layton ones so far) I am unable to access the menu when holding Y at launch to access things like the cheats menu etc. other games the menu is accessible (tested on Chrono Trigger, Henry Hatsworth and Ace Attorney Investigations so far)

running Luma v12, nds-bootstrap v0.70, the forwarder tool was downloaded today so would be using the very latest everything
i am having this same problem - the only two i've tried are Super Mario 64 DS (works, thank god) and Mario Kart DS (which does not work). all of this is when using the forwarder creator downloaded straight from universal-updater on a unit i only got a few days ago and started from scratch on.

any pointers on what to try? i'm also running luma v12 but i'm on nds-bootstrap version 0.71
Post automatically merged:

i am having this same problem - the only two i've tried are Super Mario 64 DS (works, thank god) and Mario Kart DS (which does not work). all of this is when using the forwarder creator downloaded straight from universal-updater on a unit i only got a few days ago and started from scratch on.

any pointers on what to try? i'm also running luma v12 but i'm on nds-bootstrap version 0.71
update: i found a workaround after some tinkering! you need to go to /_nds/ntr-forwarder/gamesettings and see if there are any inis - if there are (example for me was sm64ds) you can just copy that and rename it for each game with a supported widescreen mode, but if that folder is empty or doesn't exist i assume you can just make the ini file and add the following to it:

[GAMESETTINGS] WIDESCREEN = 1

(there are several more options in here and unfortunately this does not appear to work for cheats, but cheats seem to be inherited from your TWiLight Menu++ settings regardless)

filename format for the ini file goes as follows: [filename of the respective nds file].nds.ini

Last edited by MANGOM1LK,

ThatOneCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant seem to open the program i get this area
Error: Could not find or load main class com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Cant seem to open the program i get this area
Error: Could not find or load main class com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application
I'd recommend using ndsForwarder instead, it's far simpler for the same result

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Yea i tried this but it doesnt seem to work for rom hacks so im trying to use this program
Ah yeah it has issues on some ROM hacks that have invalid banners, you just need to set a custom banner in the form of a 32x32 16-color BMP (not PNG) or NDS banner file (.bin), there's some on here for example: https://skins.ds-homebrew.com/icon/?q=pokemon

It should have the same name as the ROM except either .bmp or .bin for the extension and be either next to the ROM or in sdmc:/3ds/forwarder/icons or sdmc:/3ds/forwarder/banners respectively

catoutthehatlmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only steps 1.1 and 4 apply to me
should I still do step 1.1? I installed twm++ years ago and dont want to brick it or brick my n3ds cause of incompatibility
can i just install the cia's I made using the app as is?

Last edited by catoutthehatlmao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь