NDS SAV FILE NOT BEING READ

packattack77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Just wondering if anyone out there understands how to make twilight menu on the DSi read my .sav file. it won't read it. the sav file is for Pokémon pearl. The sav file is in the correct place, so that's not the problem, it just ignores the sav file and starts the game like if I hadn't even touched it yet. does anyone know how to fix this? please and thank you. if you need to see the sav. file, i'll send a screenshot. thxs and have a great day!!!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The sav file is in the correct place, so that's not the problem, it just ignores the sav file and starts the game like if I hadn't even touched it yet
What makes you so sure the .sav file is in the right place?

If you start a new game, catch a Pokemon, move the save file, start another new game, catch a different Pokemon, and then copy the first save file back again, does the save game have the first Pokemon you caught?

packattack77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you so sure the .sav file is in the right place?

If you start a new game, catch a Pokemon, move the save file, start another new game, catch a different Pokemon, and then copy the first save file back again, does the save game have the first Pokemon you caught?
1. When starting a game in twilight menu++, it makes a folder called saves where all saves should be. also, should put this out there, but the emulator doesn't read sav files that doesnt include ".sav" at the end so i copied the name of the og save and deleted that save and then i put that name on the new save i plan to use

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, a bit smaller
Then you have a problem. It is almost certainly not going to work unless the files are exactly the same size.

Try using the .sav file with a rom in an emulator on your PC. Some emulators have export functions that might allow you to convert the .sav to a format usable with TWiLight Menu.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe I'm not understanding, but I got the save to work (it's for pokemon platinum, not pearl):

1655002057653.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps, this is talking about deleting the file through the game itself, not through files or any of that
I don't really know anything about pokemon, but I tried the save on my 3ds when I was trying to figure out why it didn't work. it seems to ignore the save if it's "corrupted" or something. that's probably what was happening to you. I even lumped the save into a hex editor. it may have been due to being at the very beginning of the game, but the initial save was padded heavily at the beginning while the save you provided was not, so they looked nothing alike.

packattack77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know anything about pokemon, but I tried the save on my 3ds when I was trying to figure out why it didn't work. it seems to ignore the save if it's "corrupted" or something. that's probably what was happening to you. I even lumped the save into a hex editor. it may have been due to being at the very beginning of the game, but the initial save was padded heavily at the beginning while the save you provided was not, so they looked nothing alike.

It deletes everything. (How would you delete that information otherwise?)
Ok, thanks for the info

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I heard a good one at the bar last night, made me think for sec. - "If you are cold, go stand in...