Hacking NDSSFC/CATSFC revival

What sort of additional hotkeys do you want?

• Total voters

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am using BagPlug and want to keep the plg inside _dstwoplug and the catsfc in the root of my card. But when i start catsfc it says something about missing icons. If i put the plg inside the catsfc folder it works and i know that i can move the content from catsfc to the _dstwoplug folder. But i don't want to do that. So is there a way around this?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I am using BagPlug and want to keep the plg inside _dstwoplug and the catsfc in the root of my card. But when i start catsfc it says something about missing icons. If i put the plg inside the catsfc folder it works and i know that i can move the content from catsfc to the _dstwoplug folder. But i don't want to do that. So is there a way around this?

hi 2-bias. What i did is move the CATSFC folder (and .plg) in the _bagui/programs and use an .arg to point to the plug. that way i can direct boot games with no conflict of where the plugin is located.
Code:
CATSFC:
"/_bagui/programs/CATSFC/catsfc.plg"//file path
[$PRGMPATH$,$FILEPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
;
FYI, games dont need to be in catsfc/gamepak folder, i have my games in a SNES/(a-k and l-z) folder at the root.

also, if you want to launch the emulator, you could make a path to the catsfc plugin to your favorites.
Code:
/_bagui/programs/CATSFC/catsfc.plg

Reactions: 2-bias

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks Vato, but thats exactly what i don't want to do. I want to keep the original folder structure. :(

Edit: So for now i'm using a hidden second catsfc.plg inside the catsfc folder for arg and as favorite. The only problem left is that i can't run the catsfc.plg inside _dstwoplug without getting the missing icon error.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Nebuleon, here is a patch for 2-bias's issue.

http://paste.ee/p/OlzbF

It just checks if there is a system/gui folder in the path provided by the binary path argument. If those folders don't exist, then it defaults to CATSFC on the root. A more thorough check could be implemented, but this should do for now.

Reactions: 2-bias

NintendoGuy128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can anyone help me? I know I'm probably stupid and the answer is obvious, but I just received my SuperCard DSTwo, and I had set it up beforehand with iMenu, but when I started up CATSFC, it says an error about "icons missing" or something. I've tried everything I know how, but whenever I start it up it comes up with "icons missing"! I even tried NDSSFC and that comes up with "icons missing" too! I don't know what an "arg" is and I'm not using BagPlug, but one of the main reasons I bought this card was so I could play SNES games on my DS, so any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance! :(

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? I know I'm probably stupid and the answer is obvious, but I just received my SuperCard DSTwo, and I had set it up beforehand with iMenu, but when I started up CATSFC, it says an error about "icons missing" or something. I've tried everything I know how, but whenever I start it up it comes up with "icons missing"! I even tried NDSSFC and that comes up with "icons missing" too! I don't know what an "arg" is and I'm not using BagPlug, but one of the main reasons I bought this card was so I could play SNES games on my DS, so any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance! :(
Make sure you're putting the emulator's folder in the root.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put the CATSFC folder itself from the .zip into the root of your card, such that when you open the card again you see a folder called CATSFC, and inside it the folders named gamepak, gamerts, gamepic, gamecht and system.

The three other files, catsfc.plg, catsfc.ini and catsfc.bmp, go into the folder called _dstwoplug. When you open the card again, open _dstwoplug and you should see the three files in the list.

NintendoGuy128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Put the CATSFC folder itself from the .zip into the root of your card, such that when you open the card again you see a folder called CATSFC, and inside it the folders named gamepak, gamerts, gamepic, gamecht and system.

The three other files, catsfc.plg, catsfc.ini and catsfc.bmp, go into the folder called _dstwoplug. When you open the card again, open _dstwoplug and you should see the three files in the list.

Yes I've done that, but it still doesn't work. I guess I might have to not use iMenu?

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This Thursday or Friday, or later if someone says they'll make a new language localisation before then. I guess the Japanese localisation didn't take off.

In the interim, you can use CATSFC without iMenu.

NintendoGuy128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This Thursday or Friday, or later if someone says they'll make a new language localisation before then. I guess the Japanese localisation didn't take off.

In the interim, you can use CATSFC without iMenu.

Nah, I can wait. I've got a whole lot of other DSTwo features to mess around with until then. Thanks guys! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land