Hacking NDSSFC/CATSFC revival

What sort of additional hotkeys do you want?

• Total voters

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cannot reproduce this here. Make sure you have a good ROM, that it isn't truncated, and that your card is formatted using the Panasonic SD Formatter with the size adjustment option set to on.

Alternatively, a subgame other than Super Mario World is freezing; I assumed it was Super Mario World for my quick testing, because you added the suffix "+ World". If it's not World, please state which it is.
I think he's talking about the bundled version where Super Mario World and All-Stars were combined in one cartridge.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think he's talking about the bundled version where Super Mario World and All-Stars were combined in one cartridge.
Ya, I understood it; I was saying that it may have been 1, 2, 3, Lost Levels or World, but that because of the suffix, I thought it was specifically in the World subgame of Allstars+World. I still dunno, though; I can't read minds ;)

[... yet]

Reactions: Geren

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ya, I understood it; I was saying that it may have been 1, 2, 3, Lost Levels or World, but that because of the suffix, I thought it was specifically in the World subgame of Allstars+World. I still dunno, though; I can't read minds ;)

[... yet]
I see now. I guess my brain skipped over the word 'subgame' somehow.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cannot reproduce this here. Make sure you have a good ROM, that it isn't truncated, and that your card is formatted using the Panasonic SD Formatter with the size adjustment option set to on.

Alternatively, a subgame other than Super Mario World is freezing; I assumed it was Super Mario World for my quick testing, because you added the suffix "+ World". If it's not World, please state which it is.

Super Mario Bros. With this patch applied: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/167/

EDIT: Problem solved. The problem wasn't with CATSFC, it was because I applied the patch to the ROM with LIPS instead of IPSharp.

NeoCortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CATSFC freezes when ever i click on Options or Saved states.
Also the translation is kinda mixed around. When i click on New Game the Title says "Temporary fast-foward" and the first and second option say "Go to main menu" and "Screenshot slideshow". However they work like they should "Select Games" and "Recently Played Games".
Any ideas guys?

-NDS Lite
-Supercard DSTWO v1.11
-CATSFC 1.34

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CATSFC freezes when ever i click on Options or Saved states.
Also the translation is kinda mixed around. When i click on New Game the Title says "Temporary fast-foward" and the first and second option say "Go to main menu" and "Screenshot slideshow". However they work like they should "Select Games" and "Recently Played Games".
Any ideas guys?

-NDS Lite
-Supercard DSTWO v1.11
-CATSFC 1.34
Did you extract the plugin (.plg) from CATSFC 1.34 without updating the system directory, $(zip file)/CATSFC/SYSTEM, after having a previous version on your card? :)

NeoCortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I put catsfc.bmp catsfc.ini and catsfc.plg in /_dstwo_plug/
and the whole folder CATSFC into the root directory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xtuvik60mntgy7/nds1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwgx6klmpvqbfb6/nds2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hr18z8yf41cgpw/nds3.jpg

I just double checked it.

taken from this zip
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-catsfc-134-f31847.html

Maybe it messes with the NDSSFC somehow?
If you can provide me a link to the panasonic formatter i'm going to try that.

NeoCortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats just a backup so i dont lose my savestates. i renamed /CATSFC/ to /NEO-CATSFC/ when i copyed the folder out of the zip again to be sure he's from 1.34

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the benefit of NeoCortex I'll say that it's likely not to be a formatting problem, unless NDSSFC, NDSGBA and a few other applications don't work as well.

The translation being mixed around signifies that CATSFC/SYSTEM/language.msg contains insufficient messages and uses a message 1 slot too early or too late. That would point towards:
* having a CATSFC 1.1x installation, then upgrading the .plg to 1.34 and leaving language.msg unchanged;
* problems in the translation text in 1.34 for a certain language (likely German).

If all applications don't work, then it'll be a formatting problem. I'll check the message count in English and German and report back.

NeoCortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I formatted the card and as you thought it didn't solve it.
FYI the options menu in NDSSFC works fine, i don't know if that helps you... letting you know just in case.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I formatted the card and as you thought it didn't solve it.
FYI the options menu in NDSSFC works fine, i don't know if that helps you... letting you know just in case.
In the CATSFC Video & Audio menu, are the values of this option:
Code:
Frames übersp.
equal to the following?
Code:
[-] Automatisch
[0] Alle Frames anzeigen
[1] Zeige 1 von 2 Frames
[2 .. 9] [ . . . ]
[10] Zeige 1 von 11 Frames

If you delete CATSFC/SYSTEM/NDSSFC.CFG to return to English, does it keep crashing?

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is weird, then. I have no idea what is happening. Please rebuild your card after formatting it like Aeter said in #552, moving all of your games to the card and extracting the emulators afresh from their zips.

You may also like the TempGBA project for GBA emulation, while you're moving things around. It's an improvement over NDSGBA in both user interface and game compatibility, but it does not have great support for cheats.

NeoCortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay thank you Nebuleon.
I just backuped (is that a word?) the whole card inbefore i formatted it anyway.
I will format it again and try a fresh copy of CATSFC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land