Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
NoSoulX, which firmware/gm combo are you using? It seems the formatting is the problem with most people.

and grisser, I'm using combo that was released with fw 30. I declined to update anything when they went up to 30c >.> I'm at work right now, so I dont know the gm version number off hand.

S

spectral

Well I've tried everything I can think of and still get the corrupt save error. Hopefully the SC client will be updated soon.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone come up with a sure-fire way to get this to work on M3 yet? So far, here's what I've tried:

Sandisk 256 mb Mini-SD
FAT32
30c f/w, 30 GM

Tried all kinds of different modes. 4x DMA/Force read-write/no trim, 4x/no force r-w/no trim, safemode/force r-w/trim, etc. In short, I've tried EVERY combination possible and no matter what, it always freezes at random.

Also, how do you format FAT16 with 64 bit cluster? Windows XP only gives me FAT32 as an option with no options for cluster size. Is there a 3rd party program that does it or something?

This is getting ridiculous. It would be one thing if the game simply didn't work, but this is just a fucking tease. If the M3 team doesn't update to solve this problem (if it CAN be solved with an update), then I'll probably just buy the game.

alundra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i stuck at this game after i beat that one boss in the Nation of Fools stage, that round looking boss floating in the air and wrap around with zombie...anyone know where to go next?

Noah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i stuck at this game after i beat that one boss in the Nation of Fools stage, that round looking boss floating in the air and wrap around with zombie...anyone know where to go next?

http://www.gamefaqs.com

On a related note - mods, admins, this topic is littered with posts about the actual content of the game, and quite a few spoilers. Should the discussion about progression / gameplay be in another topic, or is this the place for such a thing? Personally, I've been subscribed to this thread to see if anyone can find a solution to the freezing / crashing problem, but like 50% of the posts are related to how to play the game.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its all over the internet people with retail carts are crashing when playing bosse and pressing start :-p
cool.gif
i have only had one crash and im far into it:-p (ds-x) but it looks like luck for when the game crashes because if its happining to retail carts its offcial a fault:-p

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto to what xDRONEx said. I use an M3 MiniSD and no matter what I try, I always get random freezes eventually (even mid-action, not at a blank screen!). What brand and size of MiniSD card are you using, Nocturno?

Also, why do I feel like I'm the only one whose M3 Mini SD routinely does NOT fall in line with the settings posted at the M3 Wiki? Seems like more often then not, even when it says you need Force Read/Write, it actually causes games to not work for me (latest firmware, though even with older firmwares, too). With Castlevania: PoR, it only works if I DON'T use Force Read/Write. For most games, I end up just having to play a guessing game, since M3 Wiki almost never pertains to my card for no apparent reason.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to retail carts doing it too......damn. Konami better release a 2nd version of this, like what Square-Enix did with FFIV in Japan.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After browsing GameFAQs and a few other boards, I've come to notice that not all retail versions are doing it. Maybe Konami released a "bad batch", and it just so happens that the main dump of the ROM came from one of these copies? Maybe someone needs to dump a proper release of this? Can anyone with a perfectly working legit version dump it to test this theory?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah that would be a good idea:> someone whos played the game without a crash :>
unsure.gif
im ok but i wonder why i dont get as frequent crashes as other people? had one :>

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hands up I has couple of random crashes esp. when i go to status screen.. i save frequently now so's i can still progress with the game....

BTW I got M3lite Sandisk 2Gig NDS lite

..But i still wanna Wii

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GameFAQs on gamefaqs message boards and i have seen other sites forums saying it :> http://www.gamefaqs.com a quote from somebody with retail cart "Mine has frozen quite a bit, and also some weird glitches.
When I went to fight a boss the characters just stood there (with no dialogue) then the fight started. Also when fighting The Whip's Memory boss, I started out as one of the twins and could move and attack, then the game froze. Buggiest DS game I've played
ohmy.gif
"

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess I've been really lucky cause I have not had one crash. Ive tried to re-create the situations everyone has posted, but still no crashing.

Since I'm at home, I can safely say I'm on GM v30 for M3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭