^^ndstitle-1367^^

S

spectral

Just tried it with software 2.56 instead of 2.57 and it now seems to work fine on my supercard CF. I was previously getting the corrupted save problem. Where is it meant to freeze if it's going too?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i have M3 and SD card kingmax 150X speed and seem to be working
Wow, you sure turned around quickly
rofl2.gif

Anyways, this topic could go on forever with what works and what doesnt, but this DOES seem like a serious issue. I'm going to try and purposely recreate some of everyones M3 Lite settings to get it to crash and I'll update with my progress just to try and get some results...

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's an oddity that might interest some folks. I was playing last night, getting my normal random crashes every so often on the SC SD setup. Then after one crash I started the game up and for some reason I wasn't getting any sound: no music or effects. Well, I thought I would take the opportunity to test the old "sound" theory and I could not get the game to crash. Normally if I pressed start repeatedly it would crash, but this time it would not. I tried going to different rooms, warping repeatedly, shopping, everything. Finally I just decided to play without sound and I was able to play longer than ever before. Unfortunatly, I crashed before the game did so I don't know if it ever would have locked up. For those of you who want to pool all our 'known" knowledge, enjoy!

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys must have some worn out flash cards, because i've only played the game for a bit without any type of problems at all especially having any of my games crashing on me.

P.S If that stuff really happens it would be better to just buy the damn thing instead since it's the only decent game to come alone in the past year

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want it to crash, then simply put: don't go through menus.
So far that's the only time i've found it to crash.
I like this game 'cause the movie doesn't freeze like the other castlevania. Looks pretty darn cool.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
If you don't want it to crash, then simply put: don't go through menus.
So far that's the only time i've found it to crash.
I like this game 'cause the movie doesn't freeze like the other castlevania. Looks pretty darn cool.

It also crashes at warp gates, save rooms, changing rooms sometimes, various other places.
I just read a guy saying m3 lite fw 30 with gm 30a seems to be ok, does anyone still have fw 30?

[-EDIT-]
Forgot to check the news heh: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=39062
Gonna give it a whirl.

[-EDIT2-]

Well I changed back to fw 30, used 4x no trim no soft reset and force rw, crashed soon as I pressed start in-game.
Wrote it again using safe mode and force rw and now it seems to be ok. Got past where it kept crashing anyway. I just went to a busy room, jumped around like mad casting all spells and moves I could whilst hammering start and it hasn't locked up yet *crosses fingers*.

Someone should try same as mee see if its good for them!

D

donotbugme

game hasn't crashed on me once, using kingmax 1gb microSD, been going to menu like crazy,

trimrom / software reset / 4x dma

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, now I'm afraid to go out and waste my money on a legit version that might freeze anyway, especially since most game stores don't give cash refunds for opened new games. Someone with a perfect legit version and an M3 should dump it, if that exists, at least
frown.gif

There are no freezing in the retail version as far as I know. Reading the msgboards here and there. So it's just the flashcart that's the problem

I doubt the rom is a bad dump
smile.gif

Apparently, you're not looking hard enough. Here's one example:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...&topic=32287513

FACT: The ROM isn't the only version with this problem. That's why I made my claim that it was simply a bad dump from one of these defective legit carts.

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It crashed for me when entering main menu with m3 wiki settings, then i formatted my card 64k cluster size FAT 16 but it still crashed after a while when i went scrolling through menu. I hope it gets fixed soon by the M3 team, along with TH DJ.

(using m3 mini sd + kingston 1 GB newest GM&FW)

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you whom own a legit (and proven perfect) copy also own an M3 or other dumping method? Even if it might not be the answer, it doesn't hurt to test the theory of a bad version of the cart dumped. Maybe it'll help, maybe not, but it's better than sitting here not knowing what to do....

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Ok now I'm getting alot of random crashes when entering the start menu or map... seems like it really is a bad dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Howdy +1