Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone get an access denied when trying to trim ds roms? im running the application as an admin so thats not the problem...

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to quickly ask something.
Does the trimmer have trouble with certain patched DS roms?
Because the other day I trimmed a bunch of roms on my microSD and somehow my translated ROM of Jump! Ultimate Stars ended up being an 800kb file and un-launchable. (I think it might have been with an older version like 2.2 or something though)

I can easily sort that out, but I was just wondering if anyone else came across that issue.
(It could be the flash cart I'm using though. I got an original R4, and I think it might be getting old and glitchy on me. I probably need to take the spring out of it or something)

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I check that rom somewhere?
I don't think I have that particular ROM image of it anymore, (I deleted the broken ROM), but I just tested with another pre-translated ROM of it out there with the latest version, and it's trimmed like 2mb, so it must have been some error on my end. (Probably my flashcart corrupting the ROM. It's an old 2gb micro SD in there. I got some fresh 2gb for it and a new card coming)
Thanks anyway though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Haven't made any changes since official release.
Pokemon and animal crossing position their saves right at the end of the ROM so its not advisable trimming them at all.
Edit: you might try editing the NCSD header to move the save closer to the data section, but that could cause problems with the existing save.
Well CARD2 games have that special portion to store saves. If your tool removes all empty data then that portion will be removed, causing issues.
I don't even know if they can be trimmed at all.
This guy gets it.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Well CARD2 games have that special portion to store saves. If your tool removes all empty data then that portion will be removed, causing issues.
I don't even know if they can be trimmed at all.
From the few roms I checked, the save location was before trimming offset, but maybe it's different for others. Give me one where trimming breaks the rom and I'll check it.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just wanted to quickly ask something.
Does the trimmer have trouble with certain patched DS roms?
Because the other day I trimmed a bunch of roms on my microSD and somehow my translated ROM of Jump! Ultimate Stars ended up being an 800kb file and un-launchable. (I think it might have been with an older version like 2.2 or something though)

I can easily sort that out, but I was just wondering if anyone else came across that issue.
(It could be the flash cart I'm using though. I got an original R4, and I think it might be getting old and glitchy on me. I probably need to take the spring out of it or something)

AFAIK any rom patched with xDelta will automatically be trimmed (my rom got automatically trimmed, as should every rom patched with xDelta)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been