• Views 1,514
  • Replies 12

Mizuguti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,I have a New Nintendo 3Ds XL and i did a grave mistake. Rather than updating Luma3ds fimware first..i went ahead and updated the console instead from the main System. Now it just boots up with a blue light showing for few seconds and it got nothing on the screen. I will mention i have CFW,the boot.firm yet i still encounter the same issue. Any advice? I would really appreciate it to hear as many thoughts as possible
Did you try updating Luma? just insert the sd card on your computer, download the latest release, drag and drop the files to the root of your sd card and substitute when prompted. It should work

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Update: I found out my new 3ds xl is bricked ,its a system issue cus it doesnt power up properly
How do you know that exactly? The "console (blue led) just turn on a few of seconds and then turn off" is an expected behaviour when you have your console modded (either with B9S or with A9LH) and is because a boot type payload is required and searched (first on the root of the SD card, then on the root of the CTRNAND).

I gave you some directions about you can do it, but apparently you just ignore them. My last advice to you is follow this exactly post (using a new or at least a clean SD card)... Take it or leave it!

Last edited by fmkid,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know because I updated the system in the wrong way hence why it got bricked. I don't care to hear what you got to say with your attitude. Now YOU can go and leave,have a good day :) !
Mhmm. "Attitude". Okay. I know @fmkid as a very friendly and helpful member very active and successful in the 3DS section. But I know of 0 (zero) cases where updating a console with B9S/Luma3DS lead to a (real) softbrick (interrupting the update with forced power off can do this – although I never succeeded when trying. The OS seems pretty robust regarding this kind of abuse). Turning down the help offer and saying that you don't want to hear it… Troubleshooting softbricks is more or less a process of elimination. You have to find out (and prove!) what is not the problem in order to pinpoint the issue. "My SD worked before the update!" is not a valid proof to rule out SD problems. I've seen many cases of SDs failing or corrupting for no apparent reason and causing all sorts of problems.

Did I understand that correctly: You get the blue LED turning on shortly and then fading off and nothing else.¹ This is the expected behavior B9S (and A9LH) shows when it doesn't find a valid boot file boot.firm (arm9loaderhax.bin) either on SD or on CTRNAND.
As you can see here, B9S first tries to mountSd (and load firm) from there. If this fails it tries from CtrNand and if this also fails it goes mcuPowerOff();
https://github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/blob/master/stage2/arm9/source/main.c

Code:
void main(void)
{
    setupKeyslots();

if(mountSd())
    {
        /* I believe this is the canonical secret key combination. */
        if(HID_PAD == NTRBOOT_BUTTONS)
        {
            fileWrite((void *)0x08080000, "boot9strap/boot9.bin", 0x10000);
            fileWrite((void *)0x08090000, "boot9strap/boot11.bin", 0x10000);
            fileWrite((void *)0x10012000, "boot9strap/otp.bin", 0x100);

/* Wait until buttons are not held, for compatibility. */
            while(HID_PAD & NTRBOOT_BUTTONS);
            wait(2000ULL);
        }

loadFirm(false);
        unmountSd();
    }

if(mountCtrNand())
    {
        /* Wait until buttons are not held, for compatibility. */
        if(HID_PAD == NTRBOOT_BUTTONS)
        {
            while(HID_PAD & NTRBOOT_BUTTONS);
            wait(2000ULL);
        }
        loadFirm(true);
    }

mcuPowerOff();
}
If you followed 3ds.hacks.guide when installing CFW on your console you should have a valid backup boot file on CTRNAND and the 3DS should turn on without SD. First thing to try would be booting without the SD. The next thing would be providing another SD prepared like explained in the post @fmkid linked to.
Even if the main OS is completely trashed for some reason, as long as B9S is intact in FIRM0 or FIRM1, it should be able to boot Luma3DS settings and GodMode9

If I got this wrong, I mean in case the blue light turns on and stays on but nothing else, try booting while holding (Select) to try bringing up Luma3DS configuration.
================

Please provide more information and do not turn down the troubleshooting procedure. If you insist on having a very extreme case of softbrick caused by update (nobody has ever heard of to my knowledge) and have no access to Luma3DS configuration and, more important, GodMode9, the next (and only) step is trying ntrboot to bring up SafeB9SInstaller or GodMode9. Note that ntrboot into a .firm file will only work if the SD and the reader in the console are both okay and verifying the SD is a necessary step in any case.

Good luck!

¹ This can have hardware reasons, too. In case of hardware failure (worn ribbons, bad contact), the blue LED shuts off immediately (not fading off) and often a popping sound can be heard. The difference is not easy to spot if you haven't seen both.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Mhmm ok" u got an attitude too and frankly I don't care to hear about your friends when I dont know any of you guys. Anyway I won't bother with this,I'm taking it at a repair shop to be done with all this hassle. Bye
I really don't know what you expected. You asked for help… and didn't like or didn't care for the answers. Now we have an "attitude" although you got friendly replies. I just don't understand why you did not consider checking your SD and/or providing a different one. It wouldn't have done any harm.
We always try our best to provide free help for anyone. What I write is always done to the best of my knowledge and often leads to some kind of solution.
But there is only so much that can be done with messages on a forum. Nobody can do magic.

Hopefully you find a repair shop that understands how to deal with this and does more than replace the motherboard without software troubleshooting first.

I still wish you good luck!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT