Hacking Need advise on Switch update (using SX Pro)

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I have SX Pro and decided to install NSP titles. To keep long story short my only option was to update my 4.10 to 5.10 (using rajkosto‘ tutorial) and install Pokemon Quest.

Everything works fine except AutoRcm (battery drains when switch is turned off).

So what If I just restore my 4.10 nand and install 5.10 and burn a fuse?) What will I miss if I lost the option to downgrade back to 4.10?

Also how are you dealing with this issue? I know some put their switch to sleep other are lucky and have no issues.

Btw; if I turn off using SX OS menu then the battery seems not to drain. But in order to do this I always need to restart Switch for SX OS menu.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by lolboy,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi everyone,

I have SX Pro and decided to install NSP titles. To keep long story short my only option was to update my 4.10 to 5.10 (using rajkosto‘ tutorial) and install Pokemon Quest.

Everything works fine except AutoRcm (battery drains when switch is turned off).

So what If I just restore my 4.10 nand and install 5.10 and burn a fuse?) What will I miss if I lost the option to downgrade back to 4.10?

Also how are you dealing with this issue? I know some put their switch to sleep other are lucky and have no issues.

Btw; if I turn off using SX OS menu then the battery seems not to drain. But in order to do this I always need to restart Switch and enter SX OS.

Thanks in advance!
Battery drain is because the Switch is in RCM mode. After you power down the switch from Horizon, hold the power button for 12 seconds to force shutdown it. Then it shouldn't drain the battery anymore.

Reactions: lolboy

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Battery drain is because the Switch is in RCM mode. After you power down the switch from Horizon, hold the power button for 12 seconds to force shutdown it. Then it shouldn't drain the battery anymore.

First of all thank for the fast reply.

If this works it would be great! Is there any way to check if the Switch turned off after holding power for 12sec?

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Insert the sxpro, it shouldn't boot if it's powered off :)

You can connect SX pro. If it loads the payload, you know that it is in RCM... A bit stupid way but it should do it.

I tried shutting down switch normally and afterwards holding power for 12sec. It shows TX logo the moment I insert Pro.

I also tried holding power for 12sec while Switch is turned on. Switch turns off but when I insert Pro the Switch boots up again.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I tried shutting down switch normally and afterwards holding power for 12sec. It shows TX logo the moment I insert Pro.

I also tried holding power for 12sec while Switch is turned on. Switch turns off but when I insert Pro the Switch boots up again.
That means it is still in RCM. If you have AutoRCM, Switch will automatically boot to RCM in like 12-13 seconds after you power it off. So try waiting a bit and then force shutting it down. Also what you can do is power it off from the SX payload. Because if you shut it down from RCM (waiting 12 secs for it to boot to it and then force shutting it down or via payload), it won't (automatically) boot to RCM again.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That means it is still in RCM. If you have AutoRCM, Switch will automatically boot to RCM in like 12-13 seconds after you power it off. So try waiting a bit and then force shutting it down. Also what you can do is power it off from the SX payload. Because if you shut it down from RCM (waiting 12 secs for it to boot to it and then force shutting it down), it won't (automatically) boot to it again.

Aha. I will try to wait and force shutdown. SX power off works but I have to reboot in order to access the option in Menu. Is there any way to open their menu without restarting my Switch?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am aware of this but does this also work when Switch is already turned on?
So after playing a game I can open their menu without restart?
No. I meant it that once your switch boots to RCM (automatically after you power it off), you can inject SX payload and turn it off from there) No restart needed.

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. I meant it that once your switch boots to RCM (automatically after you power it off), you can inject SX payload and turn it off from there) No restart needed.
For me that feels like restart If you understand what I am saying hehe.

May I ask if you face the same issue?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
For me that feels like restart If you understand what I am saying hehe.

May I ask if you face the same issue?
Nope, because I have trinket "modchip" which automatically injects payload if it detects switch in RCM. And to boot to RCM, I just need to hold volume up and power (because pin 10 on joy-con is pulled by the trinket). So no.

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, because I have trinket "modchip" which automatically injects payload if it detects switch in RCM. And to boot to RCM, I just need to hold volume up and power (because pin 10 on joy-con is pulled by the trinket). So no.
Nice!

I need to get rid of this AutoRcm and keep the 5.10 firmware. I don’t mind using the jigg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1