Homebrew Need artist(s) for 3DS homebrew menu region free logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainSodaPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's really the best of both worlds. I too am growing fond of the bucket idea. Kudos to Fluto.
Here it is:

hbl_bucket_by_arkhandar-d7vqo0j.png

I can't wait to get this animated :D

This is definetely the best submission so far.It's simple and nice.Would be very glad to see it in the release.

netnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh boy. isn't that nice and clean.

FYI no final decision has been made on the design yet. I started working on the menu saturday and really like fluto's water idea because it's nice, animated and you can do fun easter eggs and shit with it.
so to be perfectly honest, i really really want to keep the water effect thing. i also really like his logo but i'm definitely open to other possibilities, like what Arkhandar is proposing. now if we could have both the water and the clean logo/interface...
Hey, smealum. I just thought that I'd say that the water is nice and all, but it's what we had to represent Wii homebrew. There's nothing really wrong with it, but IMHO it would be better to differentiate this from the original HBC a bit. To my knowledge, it's the only launcher to really use it and it's probably best to let it stay unique and to develop something different.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, nice job everybody. It's good to see so much support from the community.
Here's something based on smealum's own vision for the first release.

main_menu_beta_by_arkhandar-d7vqdk4.png

I'm currently working on animating the squares on the top screen, but first I'd like to know what you guys think. :)
Clean and fucking attractive. Looks professional. This needs to be the final design.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Clean and fucking attractive. Looks professional. This needs to be the final design.
If I'm honest I preferred the non watered version too.....its actually similar to the squares that you see on the real homescreen, but different enough that you wouldn't really think it was a rip off version of it imho I think.the original unwatery one looked nicer than the real homescreen(nit really that hard to.do :lol:)

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is just too perfect o_o how is it not the final design yet?
Because the deadline hasn't been met yet and everyone deserves an equal chance. If you settle for what you think is perfect, then you might miss out on something better in the future. Who knows, maybe someone else submits something even better than this.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
hbl_bucket_by_arkhandar-d7vqo0j.png

Pretty good but I think the "sky" (upper screen upper part) need to be more clear than water it self?​
Maybe a gradiant that make down screen background darker "the more" you scroll?​
also I would have called it "Homebrew Launcher" and not "The" cause it seem the want to conquer all? (am I the only one to feel it ?^^)​
also a tiny suggestion about app description ^^​
Maybe a Release/update date would help to know if that a long time we did not check for updates?​
line :​
Mii Maps​
Team Mii
Version 0.5.9 (DD/MM/YYYY)​
or​
Version 0.5.9 (MM/DD/YY)​
(for sure while keeping your format it just I don't really know how to format text in a forum board ^^)​
Else that really pro look , simple and not to much charged of details and flat look like i love :P

Arkhandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty good but I think the "sky" (upper screen upper part) need to be more clear than water it self?
Maybe a gradiant that make down screen background darker "the more" you scroll?
also I would have called it "Homebrew Launcher" and not "The" cause it seem the want to conquer all? (am I the only one to feel it ?^^)

also a tiny suggestion about app description ^^
Maybe a Release/update date would help to know if that a long time we did not check for updates?
line :

Mii Maps
Team Mii
Version 0.5.9 (DD/MM/YYYY)
or
Version 0.5.9 (MM/DD/YY)

(for sure while keeping your format it just I don't really know how to format text in a forum board ^^)

Else that really pro look , simple and not to much charged of details and flat look like i love :P

Yeah, there's definitely some work left to be done. This prototype was pretty much done in a rush so there may be some imperfections here and there.

The "deepness" idea is interesting, but I'm uncertain on how we could potentially apply it. The more you scroll the deeper you get, but the top screen would have to move too for it to make sense. So we need to think whether we should compromise the logo and some cool wave features Fluto came up with or not. Food for thought.

As for the name, the "The" may seem a little arrogant so to speak in relation to other exploits, but I think smea's here to make the best out of this and it gives less experienced users the message that this a safe exploit for their systems. The more users the better for the homebrew dev community.

Now, you do have a point with the update/release dates. What I've been thinking is that we could develop a centralized system that automatically notifies the user that there is an update available for both the launcher and any app installed, similarly to the Homebrew Browser on Wii. This could be done fairly quickly (a couple of weeks maybe?) in later versions of the launcher and we could even host the back-end on smealum.net if he agrees to it or even 3dbrew.org if the software is to be open source.
But for now, I think your solution is pretty solid. The faster smea releases the initial version into the wild the better.

Who knows, maybe the launcher will have its own "store" in the future (everything for free of course; we don't want to get into trouble). :yaynds:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1