Hacking Need help identifying nand

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So, long story short, I had kept 3 backups of my nand on my computer, unfortunately my hdd failed on me, and I couldn't recover that data.. Recently, however, I found a NAND.bin from one of my gateway compatible consoles. Is there any way to identify which system this is from? Could I compare it to a dump made now?

The reason I want to know if this dump is from a specific console is because it was on 9.2, and I can't get back up to that now because I downgraded with Gateway, and because Nintendo has pushed 9.3 and up.

I would just restore to that nand and check if it worked, but sadly I haven't gotten a hardware mod yet.

Any and all help would be appreciated, and if Im screwed without a hardware mod, would anyone know a reliable source in the US?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Use EmuNAND tool to inject each SysNAND backup into the EmuNAND partition. Any SysNAND backup that doesn't boot is not the one for that device. The one that does boot will be the one for that device, and you can safely flash that to your console.

Reactions: GotKrypto76

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Compare it in a hex editor against known NAND dumps, so if you have 3 dumps that are labeled, if you compare the unlabeled one in a hex editor to those 3, just look for the one with the matching first 100 bytes, if you don't have any that are labeled, you could backup the systems existing emunand, and use emunand tool to flash the unknown backup to each systems emunand, which would allow you to find out what system the Nand dump belongs to

Reactions: GotKrypto76

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu