Gaming [NEED HELP]Pandora Battery Not Working

Pedro250

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
My problem is this: I have a TOOL Pandora Battey and, a make the MMS with PSP Grader v008, using a sony 2gb memory card (it is suported by the magic gate, i check that) and a psp 1004 (1004 is because is from europe).

I do the follow:
1- take the normal battery out.
2- Unplug the AC adapter
3- Insert the MMS
4- Insert the Pandora Battery while holding Left Triger

But nothing happens, realy, the psp not autostart, no leds are turned on.
I already try to charge the battery, to do that i plug the ac adapter, and the i put tha pandora battery but, one of two things happen:
1 - The orange led turns on but, some time latter (like 2 mim) it turns off
2- The orange led turn on but, it start flashing and if a turn on psp, is start flashing between green and orange light.

Also, if a have the pandora battery on psp, and the ac adapter on psp to, if i check the battery info on psp, to se the % of charge i get this:

Charge Level: -
Hours Left: -
Power Status: External
Battery Status: -

Also, when i have the battery on psp and the ac adapter too, on the top-right side of the psp screen, when usualy apppears the battery charge level, this happen:
- The battery simbol that show the charge level by bars is constantly appearing and dissapearing, and, in psp 1004 is show full charge, on psp 2004(i test the battey on that as well) is show no charge(the battery simbol is empety)

If anyone know what is happen with my pandora battery, please tell me.
Thanks in advance

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tryed to charge the pandora??? as it requires to be 70%+ before it can work ...do this first until orange light goes i turned mine off when it tryed to boot with no mms card in...then proceed and make sure you put the battery compartment back on when inserted the pandora bty

Pedro250

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wrighty said:
have you tryed to charge the pandora??? as it requires to be 70%+ before it can work ...do this first until orange light goes i turned mine off when it tryed to boot with no mms card in...then proceed and make sure you put the battery compartment back on when inserted the pandora bty

I wrote this:

Pedro250I already try to charge the battery, to do that i plug the ac adapter, and the i put tha pandora battery but, one of two things happen:
1 - The orange led turns on but, some time latter (like 2 mim) it turns off
2- The orange led turn on but, it start flashing and if a turn on psp, is start flashing between green and orange light.

As i said i can't charge the battery, but thanks for the help

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume when you made your MMS you did keep the trigger set to L, as default? Just exploring all possibilities.

My pandora was charged when I got it, but I think having it in while my PSP was plugged in still gave it some power...

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At a guess I'd say it isn't making a good connection with your PSP. Try taking the cover off and holding it in place for 5 - 10 mins and see if it gets past the 2 minute mark you've seen it switch off at before.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the same issue, it had been working fine until a couple days ago when I tried adding more plugins. I deleted them to no avail.

I'm trying to see if I can use the Pandora Installer to maybe fix it. I can't find a working download :|.

jojojohnson7410

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's very possible that what Magoo222 said is correct. Try holding it in place. Second, if it keeps flashing like that, it might be cause of a problem with being able to charge. If so, try an external charger for the battery. If that still doesn't work, there's one of two possibilities:

1.) Your memory stick is screwed up
2.) You might wanna invest in a new Pandora battery/make one

I'm guessing because it keeps flashing between green and orange that the battery is either dead or not making a good enough connection to allow it to charge, thus switching between the two lights. As for not being able to boot Pandoras battery and be able to get CFW on the PSP, it could be the memory stick. Try these out and let us know if it changes anything.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already tried holding it in. I don't have an external charger, and mine doesn't blink back and forth it changes to the charging light then just stops after a couple of minutes. The battery is probably dead, it isn't meant for the usage I was giving it anyway.

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shardnax said:
I already tried holding it in. I don't have an external charger, and mine doesn't blink back and forth it changes to the charging light then just stops after a couple of minutes. The battery is probably dead, it isn't meant for the usage I was giving it anyway.
Maybe try it without the memory card in? And have you tried all the same steps the original poster did? i.e. The plugging the battery in after turning the PSP on?

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried with every memory stick I have, without, plugged in, not plugged in, and it doesn't help. I think it's a safe bet that the battery is dead.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try and hold the battery in for a little while with the PSP plugged in; it's possible you'll still be able to charge it.

Keep an eye on the Battery Information and check it every few minutes or so.

Nashoki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
futatsunokaanjitsu.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I had the same thing too! I just got my pandora from DealExtreme and used PSPGrader8, made my MMS and did the following. But I nvr had the 'flashing between green and orange' problem. When I put it in (while pressing L) the green light was on. But the screen nvr booted! I re-formatted and re-made my MMS a couple of times!

DMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To all those in this thread:

I have exactly the same problem. I created the MMS using Rains Ultralite.All the folders are in place yet when I go to put the pandora battery (bought off ebay), nothing happens.
No power- no charge- I get teh 3 bars but power is external. I have 2 other batteris (normal) all charging fine.
I have a 5.50 1004 psp. I originally softmodded a 3.50 to GEN D3 so I think I know what I'm doing but that PSP went to silicon heaven and is unusable!

Surely someone knows what's wrong here?? Would it not work if the MMS is incorrectly set up-how do you know if its worked correctly?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: