phoanlien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi everyone

my cousin own a dsi, with R4ids card, she recenty update to 1.4.3U , not sure why is not working maybe the firmware or kernel is old, so it give you an error when you try to run it. i'm new to this, please show me how i can get it to work, thank you

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the website on the flash card's front sticker? r4ids.cn? You are going to need to go to that website and check for a firmware update, but once obtained, you wont be able to use the same DS to update the flash card for 1.43U firmware. You're going to need a DS where the flash card is already working. My guess would be 1.42U and lower in your case. :)

phoanlien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the website on the flash card's front sticker? r4ids.cn? You are going to need to go to that website and check for a firmware update, but once obtained, you wont be able to use the same DS to update the flash card for 1.43U firmware. You're going to need a DS where the flash card is already working. My guess would be 1.U and lower in your case. :)

thanks for repsonding, originally she bought it and it was working with R4, the website is www.R4ids.com , but when i go there it only show R4 3DS, so i was thinking she accidently update firmware to 1.4.3u that why it screw up.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS firmware has definitely been updated; I see it all the time. Did you get the blue updater dongle with your flash card? Does it say "R4i Gold Plus" on the flash card's front sticker, or maybe "R4i Gold ver 2.0", or just plain "R4i gold?" I need to know which version you have because the r4ids.com team has 3 different cards. You can access the different files by going to their website and clicking on the appropriate header for your version, of their flash card. Hint, it's near the top of their homepage. :)

phoanlien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4I GOLD V2.0 DOWNLOAD

2011年8月20日 Upgrade v2.0 firmware to support 3DS V2.1 system and DSi /XL/LL 1.43 system.
Please download the upgrade package dedicated to your DS host to upgrade the firmware.
Note: If your DS host has been upgraded to new software which causes the card can't be used, then you need to use another DS host which has not been upgraded to use the upgrade firmware.

this is what i don't quite understood, i have download all the requiment include "r4i_v20_update_v3_DSi.nds", but how do i update it, i have no dongle, and i'm not to sure what they mean by using another DS

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You literally need another DS because you locked your DS out from being able to update the card. The flash card has to be recognized (no error screen) to be able to update that same flash card's firmware. This is what it means. Always update the flash card first, and then the DS firmware can be updated, if you so choose as it isn't required. You need to arm the flash card with an update that allows it to thwart Nintendo's anti-flashcard updates. Do you get it?

phoanlien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i just have to find another dsi with lower firmware and stick in the R4, and it will automatic update or will i have to do something manually, and does that also update firmware for that DSI aswell?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flash card doesn't have the ability to update the Nintendo DS firmware. Only the DS, through user interaction, can update the official Nintendo firmware. Moving on, yes, you need to use another DS, DSi or 3DS that the card is functional on. Simply insert the flash card with the micro sd card inserted as usual, highlight the update file that you already downloaded and placed at the root of your micro sd card and press the "A" button. NOTE: Don't touch the DS and never turn it off while it is updating your flash card or its self. When the updating is finished the screen will display a "Successful" message. Once the message is displayed you can proceed to power cycle the DS, using the "power" button. Test the update by placing the newly updated card in your 1.43U DSi. If all went well there should no longer be an error screen, so you can delete the update file off your micro SD card. Finally, and most importantly, tell your cousin never to update the DS before the flash card again, or he/she wont be able to play his/her games. :)
Are you good or do you need more info?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...