Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright...first's off i got a wii with 4.3E
and i dunno what to do with it...
i wanna play backed up wii/gamecube games with a HDD but i don't know what is required...
i have BootMii and HBC
can somebody direct me some help with this because i don't wanna lose all that effort

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ModMii to install the necessary IOS files to your Wii and the necessary applications to your SD card.

Also, you cannot play GameCube games via a USB loader. You need to an old disc drive and NeoGamma to play GameCube DVD backups.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play Wii backups on a USB device, I highly recommend Configurable USB Loader.

If you want to play Wii disc backups, I recommend NeoGamma.

If you want to play GameCube disc backups (requires an old disc drive), I recommend NeoGamma.

Johnny888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am new to all this, and I'm a little unsure if I have carried out the correct steps.I have installed LetterBomb, BootMii & just now NeoGammaR9beta49fixed, so I can play my disk backups of some of my Wii games. When I put in a disc and try and run it through the NeoGamma app, I get the following message:

Launching Game

DVD-R + no cIOSI

NeoGamma R9 b49, IOS249

As I said, I am very much a newbie, and would appreciate any and all help.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnny888 said:
Hi, I am new to all this, and I'm a little unsure if I have carried out the correct steps.I have installed LetterBomb, BootMii & just now NeoGammaR9beta49fixed, so I can play my disk backups of some of my Wii games. When I put in a disc and try and run it through the NeoGamma app, I get the following message:

Launching Game

DVD-R + no cIOSI

NeoGamma R9 b49, IOS249

As I said, I am very much a newbie, and would appreciate any and all help.
Do you have CIOS 249 installed?

Johnny888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
Do you have CIOS 249 installed?
[/quote]

Honestly........ I don't know. This is the 1st time I have ever done anything like this, and I'm only doing it because I have had my Wii since launch, and because I'll be buying the Wii U when it comes out, I don't mind playing around with my Wii.

This is what I have done so far.

Installed LetterBomb (HBC & BootMii)
then, after about 2 hours of not doing or knowing anything, I looked around for info about playing backup (DVD) games and read on here that NeoGamma is what someone would recommend. So I downloaded that, followed the instructions and accessed it through the HBC, and the rest you know.

Do I need CIOS 249? If so, where do I get it from and how do I install it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the ModMii sticky at the top of this section of the forum.

Tell it what you want to do and you'll get squared away.

Johnny888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
Check the ModMii sticky at the top of this section of the forum.

Tell it what you want to do and you'll get squared away.

Thanks for that. It said about using games for it to work, I don't have any of those games to hand, but I have used LetterBomb. Anyway, it's currently downloading 64 files, so I'm gonna pop it in and see what happens. By the way.......... What should happen?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just check that your wii is already modded. you'll just follow the guide step by step and it should enable you do everything you're trying to do.

edit...just keep doing what you're doing. you should tell it your wii is a virgin. you just skip up to immediately after the installation of HBC in the guide.

Johnny888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
just check that your wii is already modded. you'll just follow the guide step by step and it should enable you do everything you're trying to do.

edit...just keep doing what you're doing. you should tell it your wii is a virgin. you just skip up to immediately after the installation of HBC in the guide.

Thanks for that, although I still cannot get it to load. I must have done something wrong, or I'm just plain old stoopid!!

I still keep getting the message

NEOGAMMA

Launching Game

DVD Err(00053000). Disc ID

which then changes to

DVD-R + no cIOS!

Thank you so much for your time & help, I'm too much of a noob to get it working I suppose.

Johnny888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I read through it, it says you will need certain games. I don't have these games to hand, so I doubt I will be able to complete it as yet. When I downloaded the LetterBomb file, I thought that would be it, I could play backup games. It hasn't worked out like that, I have also had to download NeoGamma and then ModMii. I have come to the conclusion that I am too much of a noob to truly understand what I'm doing, and I should leave well alone before I brick it. Thank you ever so much for all your help

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnny888 said:
When I read through it, it says you will need certain games. I don't have these games to hand, so I doubt I will be able to complete it as yet. When I downloaded the LetterBomb file, I thought that would be it, I could play backup games. It hasn't worked out like that, I have also had to download NeoGamma and then ModMii. I have come to the conclusion that I am too much of a noob to truly understand what I'm doing, and I should leave well alone before I brick it. Thank you ever so much for all your help

lol...you're not going to brick anything as long as you follow the steps...

you've already modded the Wii with Letterbomb...you do not need to do anything with any specific games anymore. Those steps that included specific games were only necessary before Letterbomb was released, therefore, you're already 2/3 of the way there. You just need to install a cIOS.

Do this.

Then this.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Johnny888 said:
you just need those games to softmod (aka install homebrew channel) your wii but now with letterbomb you dont need a game.
So download modmii a pc program and type this (in the main menu) U 'enter' (i recommend th wbfs version) 4 'enter' 3 'enter' (choose your folder) 'enter' Y 'enter'

This after running the softmod guide ofcourse

Johnny888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
Johnny888 said:

lol...you're not going to brick anything as long as you follow the steps...

you've already modded the Wii with Letterbomb...you do not need to do anything with any specific games anymore. Those steps that included specific games were only necessary before Letterbomb was released, therefore, you're already 2/3 of the way there. You just need to install a cIOS.

Do this.

Then this.

Thanks once again, I completed the 1st step, but when I pressed the A button to complete the 2nd step, my Wiimote disconnected from the Wii, and the page stayed as it was. I am getting very frustrated with it now.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try it again (if you haven't already)
wink.gif

and relax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.