DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
i am new to this.

I am running a PS4 on 5.05 using HEN.

i installed a PKG (game) and when i go to start the game i get an error code (cannot start application ce-40740-s)

i used AutoPKG Installer to install the game.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use fpkg games to installed it. Makes sure fpkg games are 5.05 games only or backports for 5.05 if they are fpkg games for 6.73-7.55. Use 5.05 back ports. You can't just install original pkg games anyway. Use fpkg games.

DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
You must use fpkg games to installed it. Makes sure fpkg games are 5.05 games only or backports for 5.05 if they are fpkg games for 6.73-7.55. Use 5.05 back ports. You can't just install original pkg games anyway. Use fpkg games.
is there a way to make the PKG i got a FPKG?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to make the PKG i got a FPKG?

No, to make fpkg.. you have to dump your own games.

1. Obtain disc (or use your legit PSN install) and install on PS4 (wait for it to complete install, you will hear the disc stop spinning)

2. Find the latest retail update that works on current exploit (5.05 as of this writing)

This step requires a little work. PS4 5.05 OFW was released on March 8, 2018, so any update before that date will work. Google is your friend here. Here are a couple of links for retail updates:

3. Run HEN payload and install the retail update pkg with package installer in debug settings

4. Reboot and start Dumper payload (make sure that you are using split=3 option in the dumper.cfg on the root of USB drive)

5. Start game and get to title screen

6. Press PS button and wait in system OS for dumping to complete and PS4 to shut down

7. Move dumped files over to PC

8. Open CUSAXXXXX-app and CUSAXXXXX-patch folders with gengp4 and build/save gp4 files

9. Open each gp4 file with orbis-pub-gen from Fake Package Tools and build fpkg files

10. Run HEN payload and install fpkg base game and separate patch on PS4 with package installer in debug settings.

11. Enjoy!

DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
i think i may just need to backport the game, it seems to be a newer game

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had an error on a game that's already installed and played before saying you must update the game in order to play.

I have already been playing the last of us 2 then all of a sudden it is asking me to download and install update in order to play the game.

Tho, it was already on the latest update installed.

This was following a messed up Ellie movie scene where she was supposed to be on a horse (near beginning of game) but she was for some reason floating in the T shape and after the cut scene she remained the same.

Turned game/console off and now it won't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo