• Views 302,990
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What revision of neek2o are you using for the moment?
Is it only the creation of diconfig.bin that goes wrong?
So basically, with the same set of files, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

1) v58
2) Yes, once created all go perfectly smooth
3) Yes, true. I was thinking it was a specifical file. But It isn't. I've tried to add a wbfs/time. Instead I'm pretty sure that can depend on the number of wbfs on the folder to be scanned. So maybe it is connected on some "timing".

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neek2o is easy to setup :)

Go to http;//code.google.com/p/sneek/ and copy the SNEEKInstallerv0.6c-cred.rar. Unrar this to your harddisk.
I created a sneekinstaller folder and copied the package files to that location.
I also created 4 extra folders under the sneekinstaller folder:
sneekfiles iosfiles SD USB.
Run the sneekinstaller.exe program. Wait a few seconds while the scam message counts down. Hit the Ok.
Now hit the sneek files browse button and select the c:\sneekinstaller\sneekfiles
Next, hit the ios files browse button and select the c:\sneekinstaller\iosfiles
Finally hit the SD device Browse button and select the c:\sneekinstaller\SD
Select "Sneek Type" Uneek+DI . The usb browse button now becomes available as well.
Choose the USB device Browse button and choose c:\sneekinstaller\USB

Now, Hit the Sneek files "Get Files" button. It should download the files from the internet. (So that needs to be available on your pc.)
And Hit the Iosfiles "Get Files button. Again, it should download some files from the internet.

Now, you should overwrite the c:\sneekinstaller\sneekfiles with those from the cdi package.

So, you will overwrite dimodule.elf, esmodule.elf, fsmodule-usb.elf and fsmodule-sd.elf

Finaly hit the SNEEK setup "install SNEEK" button.

In the SD and USB folders, you will find the new kernel.bin and di.bin that you will need on your wii sd card and harddisk.

In your usb sneek folder, you will also need the font.bin file. That one can be downloaded from the http;//code.google.com/p/sneek website as well.

I assume you already have a working uneek setup. Simply copy the kernel.bin and di.bin you just created over the existing ones.

It's possible with this version to have several different nands on your usb drive. Simply create a nands folder on it.
Under that folder, create some subfolders nand01, nand02, ....Copy all your nand folders under such a subfolder.
Uneek + cdi will now automatically use the nand in the subfolder. In the uneek overlay menu, if you hit the '+' settings, you have a nand selection option. Everything should however still work with your nand folders in the root of your usb drive as well.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything in my explanantion. Just let me know how it works out.

The way to create a working nand is described pretty well in my sneaky poor man's backup tutorial in the wii tutorial section here.

Hope this helps :) this was the tutorial given to me and it's working great :)

EDIT: You can thank obcd for the tutorial.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love this version of neek,wow best damn since we first got usbloading for the wii.i couldnt be happier with the way this works guys realy.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you can also use modmii to create the neek2o files.

Make sure you delete diconfig.bin if you have it in the usb:/sneek folder.
the older file from uneek is no longer compatible with neek2o

In case of problems, do not hesitate to ask.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also use modmii to create the neek2o files.

Make sure you delete diconfig.bin if you have it in the usb:/sneek folder.
the older file from uneek is no longer compatible with neek2o

In case of problems, do not hesitate to ask.
I have not been successful in creating the proper files using modmii; it could be me but when I was trying to get it to work doing it with cred app works perfectly for me :) Still ModMii
Celebrities walk on the red carpet but ModMii walks on toilet paper cause it's the s*** :)
classic.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just so I'm clear, why is it a problem to use this app on a wii with boot2? I would like to try it out but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort if it's not going to work.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
So, just so I'm clear, why is it a problem to use this app on a wii with boot2? I would like to try it out but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort if it's not going to work.
The only diferent thing is that is you have bootmii boot 2 it will load at startup if there is a bootmii folder.
ModMii will build neek2o automatically for you

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It should work just fine with bootmii as boot2.The only thing is that a normal uneek setup will overwrite the sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin file. Normally, this file loads bootmii.
The other one loads uneek or neek2o.
On the google svn, you can find a channel to boot into neek2o. Just don't replace the bootmii armboot.bin in the bootmii folder. It's not needed with that channel.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work just fine with bootmii as boot2.The only thing is that a normal uneek setup will overwrite the sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin file. Normally, this file loads bootmii.
The other one loads uneek or neek2o.
On the google svn, you can find a channel to boot into neek2o. Just don't replace the bootmii armboot.bin in the bootmii folder. It's not needed with that channel.
I launch it as a homebrew channel from w/in PL3 using the bootneek.dol and JoostinOnline icon .png

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok folks, there is a small update on the first page.

I have added a download link for the priiloader installer for neek2o.
It installs the latest 0.7 rev. of priiloader with the patches needed to run without problems on neek2o
it also comes with a small homebrew program to enter priiloader setup.
I hope you like it..

Reactions: 1 person

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just got the latest version from Modmii and noticed it now creates a folder called bootmiineek. Is this for booting from a channel?

Cheers

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@dancemonkey

the new neek2o launchers don't need the sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin anymore.
Xflak probably renamed the folder with that file so that it doesn't overwrite the original bootmii sd:/bootmii folder contents anymore.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
@dancemonkey

the new neek2o launchers don't need the sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin anymore.
Xflak probably renamed the folder with that file so that it doesn't overwrite the original bootmii sd:/bootmii folder contents anymore.

Oh Ok, but I can rename that folder to bootmii if I want to boot from boot2?
Thanks.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People that wanna try to launch neek2o without /sneek folder on sd-card (or with sd-card removed) can try this dol HERE*

* This dol is only for testing and will only work with rev58

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1