• Start date
  • Views 302,990
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

noblem

Trophies
XP
Country
why don't you scrub your file? i have skyward sword, an it's only one file.(scrubbed). you must have every thing on the file for it to be split.( updates an all the other fillers they put on disc).
try scrubbing the file first then load it.

Good spot :) , I had Wii Backup Manager configured to keep everything rather than just the game partition, which is all I actually needed. Unfortunatly, having changed this I've still got a split ISO, with the wbf1 file being around 80Mb now and the total size showing as 4.08Mb. Not sure if your doing something different (different file manager/cluster size) but doesn't look like it will work for me and obviously won't work for games that are siginficantly larger in size.
I still think I'm missing something obvious as it would appear other people have no issues with split wbfs files going by earlier posts

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I would like to start fresh with a new hard drive to set up uneek+di so it will load an emulated nand on said hard drive. I was trying to set up a 1.5 tb WD, formatted correctly, and I think this drive takes too long to be mounted by the wii. I was never able to get the emulated nand to load. My question is which drive has uneek+di been the most reliable for the people on this form. I have read the wii-usb compatibility charts already I just want some feedback.

Thanks

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's hard to tell. I bought 2 Western Digital passport drives for it (usb 3.0 compatible) and gave up on them as they kept giving me problems. I tried to disable their spindown, but it didn't work. They have a hidden partition which can be disabled, but can't be removed. If you connect them to a pc, they also keep asking for a special driver, even if you have their security disabled.
I bought a Packard Bell 2.5 inch external drive, as I had good experience with some 3.5 inch packard bell drives. The thing also spindowns after a while.

I finally bought some cheap eminent 2.5 inch usb enclosures and some western digital laptop sata drives for it. They work like a charme. Never any issues with them.

The advantage from this approach is that you might be able to return the enclosure if it doesn't work.
They might be a little more expensive in a trusted retail computer shop, but for that reason, it's worth it.
If you use a laptop harddrive in an usb powered enclosure, make sure that the drive doesn't need much more than 0.5 amps on it's 5V.
This is the theoretical maximum current you are allowed to consume from an usb port. Mine is 0.55A which still seems to work as well.

Are you sure your drive has a 512 byte sector size, and it's partitionned and formatted with a 32KB cluster size? This is the most common error
for harddisks working with usb loaders but not with neek2o.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to tell. I bought 2 Western Digital passport drives for it (usb 3.0 compatible) and gave up on them as they kept giving me problems. I tried to disable their spindown, but it didn't work. They have a hidden partition which can be disabled, but can't be removed. If you connect them to a pc, they also keep asking for a special driver, even if you have their security disabled.
I bought a Packard Bell 2.5 inch external drive, as I had good experience with some 3.5 inch packard bell drives. The thing also spindowns after a while.

I finally bought some cheap eminent 2.5 inch usb enclosures and some western digital laptop sata drives for it. They work like a charme. Never any issues with them.

The advantage from this approach is that you might be able to return the enclosure if it doesn't work.
They might be a little more expensive in a trusted retail computer shop, but for that reason, it's worth it.
If you use a laptop harddrive in an usb powered enclosure, make sure that the drive doesn't need much more than 0.5 amps on it's 5V.
This is the theoretical maximum current you are allowed to consume from an usb port. Mine is 0.55A which still seems to work as well.

Are you sure your drive has a 512 byte sector size, and it's partitionned and formatted with a 32KB cluster size? This is the most common error
for harddisks working with usb loaders but not with neek2o.
I have an WD MyBook Essential 1TB (the new 2.0 version) and it works like shit with xNEEK. It's a slow-as-turtle hard drive.
It works "ok" with emulators, standard USB loading, and WODE (only with Wii games, gamecube games doenst work through WODE using those hardrives)

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country

as far as I know, the controller of that drive handles everything from mounting a VCD (Virtual CD) and handling MBR of your HDD (that why you cant use NEEK on this and you cant even delete the said partition). Also it handles the ATA Password of the HDD, so you cant just use it that easily by just dis-assembling it and porting it on other ATA interface.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I have an issue with upgrading to neek2o latest build; it just simply doesnt seem to work :( the same nand I got working works on rev 58 but not 69 and no I havent tried 64 hm.... Maybe a quick answer to this? Also why is the armboot.bin a different size then the one crediars SNEEKinstaller downloads?

I've been using crediar's SNEEKinstallerv0.6c for all other builds and did the same thing; I'm also booting into neek using nswitch FF channel from system menu. Oh yeah and it's a 4.3U nand created with ModMii.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay guys, I have the newest version of neek2o (I think, Uneek+DI through ModMii), and Guitar Hero WOR crashes :( Anything I could do to get it to work? :)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got done cleaning my files to transfer to media fire. i have had this http://www.mediafire.com/?1128bqt30d6hqbr . it's a mod for wiimc.. it lets you have theme support to wiimc. it works the best on a lower version of wiimc. i use 1.1.4 on a E nand. i found the file on a german wii site, an the author deleted all his files along with the source. author was badboy. mybe a mod from this site now who he is/was.
* added translated txt file, to help explain set up for the themes.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey what is the correct file structure for nands on neek2o rev69 has it changed? cause I still cant get it to load; I've used both crediars SNEEKinstaller and ModMii but nothing seems to work properly :( Well thanks guys

EDIT: oh shortz I'm going to PM you some pics everything looks nice; actually reminds me of the SSBB theme for CFG loader just well .... ;) don't want to spoil the surprise but I'm uploading them to my photobucket account right now. I just need you to look at one thing.

djc89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm trying to run sneek2o+di, and am running into immediate black screens when starting any and all channels ("clicking Start") from the emulated nand (disc, neek2o, mii, weather, ww, vc, postloader...all of them). Any solutions? Here are some details of my setup:

-4.1U System
-sneek2o and NAND created through ModMii
-4.1U Emu NAND with various wad installs--all NTSC (no Priiloader)
-Region is set to USA in options
-cert.sys from old bootmii backup in sys folder (this was an attempt to fix my problem, but to no avail)
-NAND located on 2GB Sandisk SD FAT32 Active 16KB clusters (Easeus won't let me choose 32...maybe older SD card?)
-Wii Play located on Patriot 4GB USB drive FAT32 Active 32KB clusters (processed with DiscEx, visible from emu system menu--but black screens when launched)
-I checked all the file structures...I think they are correct

I appreciate your help! Thx.

EDIT: so I tried another SD, PNY 4 GB class 4...and it works!...hmm.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-NAND located on 2GB Sandisk SD FAT32 Active 16KB clusters (Easeus won't let me choose 32...maybe older SD card?)

In my experience I find emulated nands pretty picky on their storage, Maybe it was just an old card.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally was able to set up uneek2o on a 1.5 Tb Western digital with ModMii's nand and neek+di creator and all worked on first startup. I noticed a few file names changed in the file structure , this may have made my setup work correctly this time. I was unsuccessful with network setup though, so I took a working nand that I created for use on an sd card about a month ago put it in the correct folders on my usb and had Wifi! My question, did I miss something for internet connection with Modmii's nand? And has anyone had their emulated nand corrupted by the overlay menu? I have 2 unusable nands because of it, all I did was hit the 1 button. What am I doing wrong? any advice is appriciated. thanks

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Current rev. of sneek2o are suffering from a timing issue in the di module. Due to that, the system sometimes hangs on a black screen during boot.
This is only the case with sneek2o, and not with uneek2o.

Another known issue is that some sdhc aren't recognised properly if you use bootmii @ boot2 to launch into neek.
In that case, booting the wii with the sd card out, inserting the sd card, and launching bootmii from the homebrew channel or another homebrew application solves the issue.
Using the channel on the neek2o google svn is the preferred method to boot into neek2o.

If you enter the correct serial for your wii to create the settings.txt, your network should work with a modmii created nand.
In my case however, I can only accept the Eula and go to the shopping channel on a 4.2E modmii created nand.
If I create a 4.3E that way, It always fails when I try to go to the Eula screen.

So, if I understand correctly, you have a working nand, you hit the 1 button and the nand becomes corrupt? What version of neek2o are you using?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. They normally shouldn't conflict. The hacks are looking for a specific hex pattern, and are changing it. So, if neek2o changed the pattern, priiloader normally won't find the original pattern anymore and will just skip that specific hack.

2. Some games don't work work on a region strange nand, even with region free turned on.

3. If the latest neek2o sees that a game is for a different region nand, it will temporary change the nand region settings so that the games believes it's running on the correct nand

4. Isn't that also one of the wii settings that can be changed in the system menu settings?

5. If you autoboot using priiloader, it should bring you into the systemmenu. It should inform priiloader to boot the system menu instead of the installed file.

6. If you use neekbooter.dol, it's easier to upgrade to a newer version (no need to install it in priiloader again). You will however need postloader.dol on your sd card I assume.

7. /Title/00000001/00000002

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='obcd']

wii serial number on modmii fails. you can use your own settings.txt on your BootMii NAND dump. It works flawless in that way.

or use ModMii 4.3.x to build nand. Online works

@[member='Shag']

yeah that happens to me too, sometimes (frankly, in random manner, its not only in overlay menu, even booting a game or quitting a game, looking on savefiles and whatsnot.). But the weird thing is, it just wont boot to system menu. but you can still use the priiloader and boot pl3. and if i try to boot a wii game, it works. Just the damn System Menu stuck with blackscreen.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wii serial number on modmii never failed in my case. Maybe there is a difference between E, U and J created nands. As a matter of fact, I recently compared the modmii created settings.txt and the one from my real nand, and those were exactly the same files. Someting else seems to corrupt network settings sometimes with modmii nands, but noone seems to have a clue what it is for the moment. Also note that there is a difference between networking working and the shopping channel working. The first one being ok doesn't necessairy means the second one works either.

It's pretty confusing stuff. Even tueid which you can call a respected member, claims that the shopping channel doesn't work in neek environvent. Due to that, I never really tried to make it work. Only recently, I discovered that 4.2E actually does work, but 4.3E doesn't. I retried a couple of times, and the behavour was always like that. Sometimes, 4.2E also gives an error, but another attempt afterwards usually is succesfull. It's just not very helpfull to solve the issue.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure where I said that, but I know it works if you copy ALL the files from your original NAND instead of relying on something else to create them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1